Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys,
I have read quite a lot regarding the audio setup for High Sierra, but unfortunately without any success. So my problem is in the Sound Preferences I have three "Line Out"-s if I plug my speaker input into the front connector of the back panel audio jack, the Sound Preferences outputs changes a little bit, one of the line output name changes to "Headphones", the two other remain "Line Out"-s, but there is no sound coming out. If I plug the speaker into the other two (Rear and Center/Sub) then there is sound. The motherboard has also front panel audio, one output, and one input, but this output has also no signal. HDMI sound is ok, for the Monitor and also for my TV, and the SPDIF output is also ok.
I have High Sierra installed, version 10.13.6 (17G5019), the motherboard what I use is Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 vers. 1 the BIOS version is F5m, the processor is i8700K, graphics card is Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB.
I have mainly used the following guide without success: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/applehda-hdmi-audio-guide.234735/
Maybe one more thing what I have seen and I found interesting, during boot if I go into Clover setting and Audio Settings, it says there are two HDA device found, one has the vendor 10DE, and device id 10F1, the other vendor is 8086 and device id is A2F0, as I know the motherboard has ALC1220 audio chip, and it should be the 10DE, am I right?
Would be really good if someone could help me to figure out what could be the problem.
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Audio_problem_reporting.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 89
I have mainly used the following guide without success:
HDMI audio only, no effect on HDEF/ALC1220
says there are two HDA device found, one has the vendor 10DE, and device id 10F1, the other vendor is 8086 and device id is A2F0, as I know the motherboard has ALC1220 audio chip, and it should be the 10DE, am I right?
Not correct. The HDA devices found are audio controllers, controllers are the interface between the audio codec and the OS.
Nvidia GTX 1060, codec/10de0084, controller/10de10f1
Realtek ALC1120, codec/10ec1220, controller/8086a2f0
So my problem is in the Sound Preferences I have three "Line Out"-s
layout = b: not supported on the site
For support on this site, edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id/0x0B, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 to 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

Restart, reply with new files

There is no valid reason to patch a dsdt, why?

Thanks toleda your quick reply, really appreciated!

HDMI audio only, no effect on HDEF/ALC1220

Sorry, yes, that was used for HDMI audio and for analog output I have used, this: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/applehda-realtek-audio-guide.234732/

Not correct. The HDA devices found are audio controllers, controllers are the interface between the audio codec and the OS.
Nvidia GTX 1060, codec/10de0084, controller/10de10f1
Realtek ALC1120, codec/10ec1220, controller/8086a2f0

Now understood what is what, thanks your clarification.

layout = b: not supported on the site
For support on this site, edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id/0x0B, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 to 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

Okay, now I see, I have changed it from 0x0B to 0x01. It is interesting that now IOReg shows 0x07, I do not understand.
Then I have also set config.plist "Inject=NO" for audio, but in that case, after reboot, no analog output was visible in Sound Preferences, then I have changed config.plist and set inject to 1, after this change analog output is again visible and I have sound on the front output of the backplate connector, but on the front plate audio, no sound.
Also what is interesting if I plug the cable into the front output on the backplate the output name changes to "Headphones" instead of "Line Out".

There is no valid reason to patch a dsdt, why?

At the begging when I made my setup I have also used DSDT, but I do not really know the reason. :|
I have almost no knowledge about such a system, and how the config is working.
Should I just easily delete the DSDT.aml from the EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder?
I have tried the following, during boot I have changed ACPI setting in clover, removed the DSDT.aml file name and continued the boot, unfortunately, the boot process stops.
Why would you how should I do? Use only Clover? Unfortunately DSDT I cannot generate, I have not so much knowledge about it, but I can use clover Clover. But I am afraid that if I remove the DSDT the system will not boot.

Attachments

• After_DSDT_change.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 104
I am afraid that if I remove the DSDT the system will not boot.
Off topic for this thread
interesting that now IOReg shows 0x07, I do not understand.
Mojave does not support layout=1. AppleALC use alc-layout-id=1 and spoofs macOS with layout=7.
Also what is interesting if I plug the cable into the front output on the backplate the output name changes to "Headphones" instead of "Line Out".
Not correct
See Post #1/Problem Reporting, attach all requested files

Mojave does not support layout=1. AppleALC use alc-layout-id=1 and spoofs macOS with layout=7.
I have High Sierra installed. Version 10.13.6 (17G5019)

Not correct
What you mean is not correct?

See Post #1/Problem Reporting, attach all requested files
Only the AppleHDA.kext from S/L/E was not there, because I did not change it.
But now I have included that file too.

Attachments

• After_DSDT_change_2.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 89
I have High Sierra installed. Version 10.13.6 (17G5019)
Not relevant, there is no High Sierra version of AppleALC.kext. The Mojave technique applies to all supported macOS releases.
What you mean is not correct?
Post #3, you said:
Also what is interesting if I plug the cable into the front output on the backplate the output name changes to "Headphones" instead of "Line Out"
If 3x "Line Out" appears, audio failure; see below
For the second time, your statement is not correct
"Headphones" replaces "Internal Speakers," not "Line Out"
Only the AppleHDA.kext from S/L/E was not there, because I did not change it.
But now I have included that file too.
Did not uninstall MultiBeast audio before installing AppleALC.kext
See AppleHDA Realtek Audio/Post #1/X. Uninstall AppleHDA Realtek Audio/2. MultiBeast

Did not uninstall MultiBeast audio before installing AppleALC.kext
See AppleHDA Realtek Audio/Post #1/X. Uninstall AppleHDA Realtek Audio/2. MultiBeast
I did not really understand the task, but I tell you what I did, I have renamed
1.: S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/layout1.zml.zlib, layout2.zml.zlib, layout3.zml.zlib, Platforms.zml.zlib to _layout1.zml.zlib, _layout2.zml.zlib, _Platforms.zml.zlib to be able to restore them if something goes wrong, any way layout3.zml.zlib is not present in my case.
2.: config.plist/.../KextsToPatch/AppleHDA (3x) was already disabled in config.plist
3.: /L/E/realtekALC.kext is not present
After that, I have restarted the pc, but unfortunately, it is not able to boot, hangs at "HID: Legacy Shim 2" <- that is the last line if use "-v" switch during boot, then after a while does a restart automatically.

By the way, the optional possibility: "or install native AppleHDA.kext with a kext installer (see III. Tools/KextBeast)" I do not know how can I get the native AppleHDA.kext, usage of KextBeast is clear.

Sorry that I am so noob.

1.: S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/layout1.zml.zlib, layout2.zml.zlib, layout3.zml.zlib, Platforms.zml.zlib to _layout1.zml.zlib, _layout2.zml.zlib, _Platforms.zml.zlib to be able to restore them if something goes wrong, any way layout3.zml.zlib is not present in my case.
Big mistake:
X. Uninstall AppleHDA Realtek Audio/.../2. "MultiBeast 9/10, remove:"
Guide says remove not rename
AppleHDA.kext is damaged
I do not know how can I get the native AppleHDA.kext,
See AppleHDA Realtek Audio/Post #1/III. Tools/3. Restore native AppleHDA

See AppleHDA Realtek Audio/Post #1/III. Tools/3. Restore native AppleHDA
I have used the Pacifist way and terminal to install kext.

After that, the system hangs at "HID: Legacy Shim 2" during boot like before, then do restart automatically.
I have found the reason for that, if I remove my phone from the USB port it boots normally.
The back panel sound is okay, but is it okay that it shows "Headphones"?
The front panel audio is still not working.

I have attached the latest files, in the "Sound Preferences" there is no change, so did not create new screenshots.

Attachments

• After_AppleHDA_change.zip
    3 MB · Views: 86
but is it okay that it shows "Headphones"?
The front panel audio is still not working.
Front panel green connector pin detect has failed
Replace/replace front panel or disconnect front panel from motherboard

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back