Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
gigabyte z370md3h
CPU
i7 8th gen
Graphics
saphire rx 580 pulse 8gb
hello guys,

I am planing to build a hackintosh with following hardwares and little bit confused on whether to choose z370 aorus gaming 7 or z370 hd3 motherboard.

i7 8700k
corsair 32gb 3000mhz
corsair liquid cooling
500gb nvme SSD
2tb wd black
saphire Rx 580 pulse 8gb
thermaltake 650w smps
thermaltake cabinet

What are you confused about, what are your requirements? Some things should be quite obvious, like the connectivity you need. Maybe less obvious is whether or not you want to overclock the 8700K. It also makes sense to carefully read about existing builds with both of these boards in order to understand if configuration seams feasible to you. I have just built a system based on the z370 Gaming 7 using HackaShaq's guide and installation of Mojave went smooth. I don't have all USB ports fully working and there is some discussion about this in the thread. The same issues also apply to tons of other boards under Mojave, however.

What are you confused about, what are your requirements? Some things should be quite obvious, like the connectivity you need. Maybe less obvious is whether or not you want to overclock the 8700K. It also makes sense to carefully read about existing builds with both of these boards in order to understand if configuration seams feasible to you. I have just built a system based on the z370 Gaming 7 using HackaShaq's guide and installation of Mojave went smooth. I don't have all USB ports fully working and there is some discussion about this in the thread. The same issues also apply to tons of other boards under Mojave, however.

I am looking forward to install high sierra 10.13.6 and not Mojave so will it run smoothly...???My main purpose is to Use FCP,adobe after effects and Maya.Since i am a newbie i am not sure if i want to overclock or not and just want a smooth workflow.

Well, you could start here:
  • Do you want USB 3.1 Gen 2 on the mainboard? If yes: Gaming 7
  • Do you want to use more than one NVMe SSD? If yes: Gaming 7
  • Do you want to have the option to reliably overclock the 8700K: Gaming 7
It really depends on what you want and need. Also make sure you can follow along a good guide. HackaShaq's Gaming 7 guide is really good, try to find something similar (even if not as popular) for the other board before buying.
Also note that the Gaming 7 is fading out. If you want it, buy it now. There was a good deal posted in the Deals of the Day section the other day.

I am looking forward to install high sierra 10.13.6 and not Mojave so will it run smoothly...???My main purpose is to Use FCP,adobe after effects and Maya.Since i am a newbie i am not sure if i want to overclock or not and just want a smooth workflow.
Mine runs perfectly with High Sierra 10.13.6. I have a custom SSDT for the USB Ports which I made using Rehabman’s Guide. Runs super stable and is very powerful.
Hackashaq’s Guide will give you fully working system.

If your Budget allows it I would go with the Gaming 7. VRMs are very good and will give you enough room to overclock later on. The Gaming 7 will aslo give you a lot of options for connectivity (USB 3.1 Type 2 and Thunderbolt header)

Mine runs perfectly with High Sierra 10.13.6. I have a custom SSDT for the USB Ports which I made using Rehabman’s Guide. Runs super stable and is very powerful.
Hackashaq’s Guide will give you fully working system.

If your Budget allows it I would go with the Gaming 7. VRMs are very good and will give you enough room to overclock later on. The Gaming 7 will aslo give you a lot of options for connectivity (USB 3.1 Type 2 and Thunderbolt header)

Can i follow the HackaShaq's guide by replacing z370 gaming 7 motherboard to z370 d3h or do i need to make any changes in any steps of that guide since i am trying a different motherboard...???

Well, you could start here:
  • Do you want USB 3.1 Gen 2 on the mainboard? If yes: Gaming 7
  • Do you want to use more than one NVMe SSD? If yes: Gaming 7
  • Do you want to have the option to reliably overclock the 8700K: Gaming 7
It really depends on what you want and need. Also make sure you can follow along a good guide. HackaShaq's Gaming 7 guide is really good, try to find something similar (even if not as popular) for the other board before buying.
Also note that the Gaming 7 is fading out. If you want it, buy it now. There was a good deal posted in the Deals of the Day section the other day.

I read in few articles that dsdt data in motherboard is what determines while installing Mac Os in hackintosh....since Z370 d3h has that and saphire 580 pulse 8gb and corsair 32gb 3000mhz are compatible with Z370 d3h ,I can go with these hardwares without any doubts right...???

The mainboard is the most essential component of a build. You cannot just substitute the mainboard used in a build and expect it to work.
Again, especially if this is your first Hackintosh, the best way to go is build one from the Golden Builds section and stick to the exact components. Read all about it before deciding on a configuration. You will be able to make much more informed decisions about other components afterwards, too. There are a lot of variables involved.
As a side note, I think if you buy an expensive CPU like the 8700K, better go for a proper board that allows you fully exploit its power (i.e. overclock it, even if slightly).

Last edited:
Don't know about the DH3, but the Gaming 7 also has the SGX enabled option in the bios for it's DisplayPort if you want to dual boot and want to use a 4k UHD blu-ray drive with Windows 10 (in a dual boot system).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back