Graphics
Vega Frontier Edition
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey Team! I did a build and heres the High Sierra Beta guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ga-frontier-edition-16gb.230795/#post-1575358

* GIGABYTE Z270X-UD5 1151
* Intel I7-7700K
* AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition 16GB
* Ballistix Sport LT 64GB (4 x 16GB) 288-Pin SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)
* SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 500GB NVMe
* OWC 240GB Mercury Accelsior E2 (Old Stock)
* 500 GB SSD Scandisk
* TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900 PCI Express Adapter, 2.4GHz 450Mbps/5GHz 450Mbps
* SABRENT AU-EMAC USB EXTERNAL STEREO SOUND ADAPTER
* Dual Seiki Pro 28” 4K Monitors

I have it running except that the Audio, (USB 3 ports), Native HDMI & DisplayPort are needing kexts to operate. I don’t have Thunderbolt components to test.

I could use some help getting first the USB 3 working so I can put this in my main rig!

Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:
Oh!! off course!!! it's high sierra!!
did everything installed ootb??? I mean High sierra beta, ?
I'm about to install in a i7 7700k, z270x-UD5, 16gb Corsair LPX, Radeon HD 5770.
But tomorrow i have the chance of buying a samsung 960 evo where i'd like to install and boot from.
I thought about going for Sierra and do the extra tweak to be able to boot with the nmve. But I'm SO new to hackingtoshing that i could see ahead at myself in trouble.
Do you think I could be able to install flawlessly High Sierra with that setup with the Unibeast/Multibeast setup??

Oh!! off course!!! it's high sierra!!
did everything installed ootb??? I mean High sierra beta, ?
I'm about to install in a i7 7700k, z270x-UD5, 16gb Corsair LPX, Radeon HD 5770.
But tomorrow i have the chance of buying a samsung 960 evo where i'd like to install and boot from.
I thought about going for Sierra and do the extra tweak to be able to boot with the nmve. But I'm SO new to hackingtoshing that i could see ahead at myself in trouble.
Do you think I could be able to install flawlessly High Sierra with that setup with the Unibeast/Multibeast setup??
I have it running except that the Audio, (USB 3 ports), Native HDMI & DisplayPort and needing kexts to operate. I don’t have Thunderbolt components to test.

I have no way of verifying Radeon HD 5770, You have to ask around.

I was NOT able to use Unibeast nor MultiBeast for High Sierra Beta. We have to wait for full function and support fro Hackintoshs, until consumer release of HS!

I have it running except that the Audio, (USB 3 ports), Native HDMI & DisplayPort and needing kexts to operate. I don’t have Thunderbolt components to test.

I have no way of verifying Radeon HD 5770, You have to ask around.

I was NOT able to use Unibeast nor MultiBeast for High Sierra Beta. We have to wait for full function and support fro Hackintoshs, until consumer release of HS!

ok, now i see the high sierra guide not using neither Unibeast nor Multibeast.

So what would you do? installing High Sierra beta with nvme support or Sierra and tweak it for nvme boot?

ok, now i see the high sierra guide not using neither Unibeast nor Multibeast.

So what would you do? installing High Sierra beta with nvme support or Sierra and tweak it for nvme boot?
Hey Marcosdipaolo! For High Sierra Beta, Use this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-sierra-public-beta-installation-usb.225520/

Or mine: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ga-frontier-edition-16gb.230795/#post-1575358

Or GBeckman's for Sierra:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...16gb-ram-m-2-nvme-alc1220-bcm943602cs.228467/

Thanks a lot, i'll give it a look!!
Question: beside which path i take:

• a pci-e firewire card for my motu 896HD,
  • onboard audio
  • Radeon HD5770 (i heard natively supported)
  • onboard ethernet
would work in both scenarios?

I read that you don't have audio, usb, hdmi with High sierra?

ps: is it possible to make two partitions in the 960 evo, one for MacOS and the other for Win10??

Last edited:
Thanks a lot, i'll give it a look!!
Question: beside which path i take:

• a pci-e firewire card for my motu 896HD,
  • onboard audio
  • Radeon HD5770 (i heard natively supported)
  • onboard ethernet
would work in both scenarios?

I read that you don't have audio, usb, hdmi with High sierra?

ps: is it possible to make two partitions in the 960 evo, one for MacOS and the other for Win10??
If the drivers for the pci-e firewire card for my motu 896HD are available for High Sierra, it might work.

Good to hear Radeon HD5770 is natively supported!

Onboard ethernet works on High Sierra Beta!

"I read that you don't have audio, usb, hdmi with High Sierra?"
I have it running except that the Audio, (USB 3 ports), Native HDMI & DisplayPort are needing kexts to operate. I don’t have Thunderbolt components to test.

I personally only use one operating system per Drive. I'll be using 6 to 7 drives total.

If you are really wanting to use High Sierra Beta, you can get an USB 3 PCIe card and USB EXTERNAL STEREO SOUND ADAPTER. Adapters are listed on the Build list: https://www.tonymacx86.com/buyersguide/august/2017/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back