CPU
i7 7700k
Graphics
Intel UHD 630
What is the best MB for macOS Catalina?
I have an I7 7700K and I am using ig.

What is the best MB for macOS Catalina?
I have an I7 7700K and I am using ig.

You want to change your motherboard to another Z270?

Please note that Z270 has been phased out in favor of Z370/Z390, and motherboards based on these chipsets are not compatible with the 7700K.

You may have to search for second hand deals for Z270 motherboards if it is what you need.

You want to change your motherboard to another Z270?

Please note that Z270 has been phased out in favor of Z370/Z390, and motherboards based on these chipsets are not compatible with the 7700K.

You may have to search for second hand deals for Z270 motherboards if it is what you need.

1.Yes , I want to change my MB (Mony is no problem)
2.I know what intel fit with the 1151 socket.
3.Ok

So what is the best MB(main question)

1.Yes , I want to change my MB (Mony is no problem)
2.I know what intel fit with the 1151 socket.
3.Ok

So what is the best MB(main question)

I only have experience with one such motherboard, the Gigabyte GA-Z270X-UD5. It works well with El Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave with my i7 7700K. I bought it at the time because of Thunderbolt 3 functionality and the lack of useless features (at least to me) like RGB lighting.

I only have experience with one such motherboard, the Gigabyte GA-Z270X-UD5. It works well with El Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave with my i7 7700K. I bought it at the time because of Thunderbolt 3 functionality and the lack of useless features (at least to me) like RGB lighting.
Ok , so that MB is plug and play or do I still need to do some modification in MacOS?

Ok , so that MB is plug and play or do I still need to do some modification in MacOS?

Provided that you use a natively supported graphics card like GTX 760 or RX 580, the motherboard is essentially working out of the box once the appropriate BIOS settings are applied.

Provided that you use a natively supported graphics card like GTX 760 or RX 580, the motherboard is essentially working out of the box once the appropriate BIOS settings are applied.
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back