Contribute
Register

Z170X-UD5 TH High Sierra tips and tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @iLikeHackintosh and all people in this post :) ! I have a Z170X-UD5TH with i7-6700k and working with HD530 and Mojave, and I get this Benchmark results (Attached pic)

It's far from another results with same config... Is this correct or I need to check something?
BTW All working well in my Hackintosh, but maybe could be better, right?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Sorry, I'm not familiar with Geekbench, I did it with Geekbench 5 and i saw that Geekbench 4 shows different results... Maybe this is why my results looks far from another users, right?

Attachments

• Benchmark.png
    Benchmark.png
    105.4 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
At The end of this month I’m going to replace NVIDIA graphics with AMD, so I can upgrade to Catalin. I’m going to update my initial post then too.

I recommend to replace NVIDIA cards if you want to leave High Sierra and start to use Catalina. For lower budget I ordered Vega 56 card.

allright wait abd see @iLikeHackintosh

I got my new graphic card RX Vega 56 8 GB and replaced nVidia GTX 970. System booted up well no any issues. Card was recognised by Apple.

I downloaded Catalina from AppStore and updated macOS, Update went smoothly and no any issues.

The only thing left to do is to optimise the system.

Geekbench

Geekbench does not give always proper results on Hacks. For example for Radeon VII compute result I got almost the same result what for RX Vega 56 8 GB, but Radeon is in actual usage a lot better, for example for all renderings etc twice better than Vega 56. So do not relay on Geekbench. Test your comp on real life situations, for example Bruce X test for Final Cut Pro, watch high end videos, run Heaven etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back