Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH (F22g)
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
HD 530
Hi everyone,
After successfully running Unibeast/Multibeast I'm running El Capitan here. :) Last night I added an additional SSD in order to now have Win10 on its own SSD and El Capitan on its own SSD. Anyway, now when I enter F12 (boot options) I have a lot of redundancy in the Boot options listing as well as in the BIOS Peripherals entries. I reset the BIOS but the same issue of redundancy's remain. Is there a fix for this? My configuration is OCZ Trion 100 SSD (480GB) for Windows10, OCZ Triton 150 SSD (480GB) for El Capitan. WD 7200 1GB HD split into 2 partitions each dedicated for backups of either Windows or OS X. Your help is appreciated. BTW, Legacy was not enabled only UEFI was chosen.

Last edited:
This solved the issue here. Thanks to fishsticks for the post and thanks to BreBo for referring me to the thread!

Solution:

The following takes place in the clover console from the Clover boot menu.

Once I deleted all the PCIRoot entries using "bcfg boot rm XX" I was left with 3 entries.

To determine which entry to use I typed the following at the "Shell>" prompt:
map
Which prints out the mapping table. The mapping table has entries that are labeled "FS0" and "FS1", etc. To see where the mappings are pointed you can use the "vol" command such as:
vol fs0
Which output:
Volume EFI (rw)
xxxx bytes total disk space
xxx bytes available on disk
512 bytes in each allocation unit
The first line indicates that "fs0" points to the EFI boot volume where the change needs to take place.

Now run "bcfg boot dump" to see what number the new entry will be. My output had Options 01, 02, and 03 listed (taken) so my "add" command below will use 04.

So now I know which entry to use in the "bcfg add" command mentioned in the solution.
bcfg boot add 04 FS0:\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI CloverBoot
Then I removed the old entry pointing at boot EFI on my SSD (not the one on my USB boot drive)
bcfg boot rm XX
Where XX is the option number from your bcfg boot dump that points to your boot.efi. Reboot and rename your OSX drive and mount the EFI partition and rename EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.EFI to BOOT.BAK

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back