Graphics
nvidia
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
im having a heck of a time getting this build to work.

My specs are

Z170x-ud5
I76700k
32 gigs of lpx vengeance corsair ram
Pny ssd drive 240 gig.

I am making a USB stick with latest uni beast. I saw some guides where people didn't use the skylake starter fixes. Modifying plist.

I was able to install OS X El Capitan without doing it but the problems I'm having a many.

I had network working by using multi beast to install appleIGB.kext. Sound did not work after installing alc 1150. I have a gt 740 and only way I can boot is with nv_disable=1. I put in web drivers and clover tag nvda_drv=1. When I try to boot it kernel panics. Not sure there.

Now I formatted and reinstalled again but the Ethernet will not work.

When I boot I add tags nv_disable=1

Then the only way it will boot is with injected kext. That with or without USB stick. I tried installed fakesmc, alc1150,appleIGB.kext, uefi boot loader.

The boot loader works but not sound or Ethernet. And I'm stuck only being able to boot with injected Kext.

Any good guides for this board or tips? Never had one give me this much trouble. It's a pain.

is there specific preparation I need to do for USB installer?

I will add my ram is only reading 8 gigs as well.

Which OS? 10.11.5?
I built mine off of 10.11.4 using this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-hackintosh-i7-skylake-6700k.192392/
with the exact same mobo/processor as you. I used the intelmausi driver instead of appleIGB, so I can only use one ethernet port. Works great.
unfortunately i've wasted all of today trying to install the AppleIGB kext (to get the 2nd LAN port working) and it just messes everything up. Try a fresh install using the IntelMausiEthernet v2.1.0.d0 from Multibeast instead of AppleIGB

The appleIGB worked the first couple of installs i did. But then stopped. I will try the other kext. Im dumbfounded on the why the webdriver wont work on my GT 740. It kernel panics on boot when i nvda_drv=1.

I had a 3770k setup before the skylake that was fine with el capitan. Skylake is a good bit trickier. Probably because its so new.

Tried again. No luck. I followed that guide to a tee and no good.

Whats happening is I can only boot with injected kext. I installed the IntelMausi kext and got kernel panics. Not sure why. Followed the Skylake 10.11.4 guide.

Not sure what the deal is but this board does not like OSX. Never had this much trouble with OSX before.

To install i use nv_disable=1 and boot with injected kexts. Does something need to go on efi partition on USB stick? And what do i need to put on the EFI partition of the drive?

I feel like im missing something. This is not an easy install. Not a lot of concrete info out there how to do a fool proof install. Not sure why mine is not cooperating.

I got it running finally!! Video, sound and lan. My memory is showing all 32gigs at proper speed. Got that working in smbios. You can set it up at the bottom of clover configurator smbios tab. I used Mac 3,1 profile. 4 slots, dual channel. 8 gig sticks.

My main issue was by default unibeast uses injected Intel graphics. Was causing me issues on install and on main plist. If you are installing with a video card this may cause you issues. It did me. It would hang at Bluetooth controller transport. I would have to install with injected kext to get by it.

I ended up using appleIGB.kext for lan. It works fine.

One thing I did not understand at first was clover configurator and efi partitions. Now I get it.

After I configured the plist on the USB stick I could install without injected kext. But then you got to copy that plist to the Mac hd efi. Or configure that one to get computer to work right. Post install. That did not seem obvious at first.

I also dropped 10.11.4 kexts into other folder as well. I had to fight with audio a bit. There is a patch to get that working. Don't have the link right off hand.

I installed alc 1150 and the 100 codec. Then a patch.

Web drivers for 10.11.4 with a gt 740.

Only problem I am having is my USB 3.0 ports are giving me a power error when I plug in a non powered USB 3.0 drive. It says USB 3.0 device needs power.

Not sure there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back