Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6650 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My desktop configuration running Catalina works well (Gigabyte Z170X-UD3) except after you enter your password to login, there are the following issues:

1. Some application take 1 to 2 minutes to start. Hackintool and Clover Configurator are 2 examples of programs with the large startup delay.
2. The non macOS drives in my system take 1 to 2 minutes to show up on the desktop. This include an NMVE drive with Windows on it, other SATA drives and a USB drive.

Safari and the Appstore will open immediately if you have not tried to start one of the application that have a long delay.

After the 1-2 minute delay everything works great and fast.

I do not have any kexts, drivers or patches for the NVME with windows on it, but the drive gets detected after the 1 to 2 minute delay in addoition to the other SATA dives and USB drive. At that point running read and write benchmarks on the NVME drive yield about 1,800 megabytes per second which is about what I would expect for the drive.

Has anyone seen an issue like this before? Any idea of what might be causing the delay? Are there log file to look at that could help me figure what is the issue?

Frank

I disabled Mac NTFS+ and the drives show up immediately on login. So I do not think some programs being slow to start up are related to drive detection.

Any suggestions as to what log files to look at and what to look for?

Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back