i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
When I first built my rig, I installed a GTX 980 and macOS High Sierra. I finally got fed up with some High Sierra "features" and decided to swap out the 980 for an RX570 and upgrade to Mojave. However, after checking these forums, I think there is a good chance my EFI folder could be messed up. Looking for some assistance here.

My rig:
Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 Ultra MB
Intel Core i7-6700K
32GB Ballistix Sport LT Kit (2 x 16GB DDR4)
Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD
MSI Armor MK2 Radeon RX 570
Broadcom BCM94360CD - For iMessage/Handoff/Continuity,etc.
macOS Mojave 10.14.4 Vanilla w/ Clover + Kexts

Current Kexts:
AppleALC
CodecCommander
FakePCIID
FakeSMC
IntelMausiEthernet
Lilu
WhateverGreen

Things I'm looking to accomplish:
Fix USB3 (Some ports work, but others have issues)
Fix Hardware Acceleration w/ new GPU
Optimize the system however necessary
???

I could greatly use some help. I've been muddling my way through getting this working and have the core working well. But I'm sure there are optimizations and things I could be doing that I haven't been. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    29.6 MB · Views: 411
Did you get this resolved? as I'm in a similar situation however using a nvidia card 970 instead

I could greatly use some help. I've been muddling my way through getting this working and have the core working well. But I'm sure there are optimizations and things I could be doing that I haven't been. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Because you are asking in such a polite way for assistance, for your convenience I have therefore decided to "reward" you by attaching my Clover EFI folder in full with only some serial numbers "disfigured" :) In addition I also added a snapshot of the contents of my /Library/Extension folder and to "crown" it all I even added a zipped folder containing all the kexts I use in my Skylake system GA-Z170X-UD3 build - not Ultra though. Armoured with this you should be able to get your system running stable without any issues whatsoever. Oh by the way the Clover version I use is Clover_v2.5k_r5070. A screenshot depicting the uptime as well as the output of pmset -g stats has also been included to substantiate my claim of my rig's stability.
I could really not have made it simpler for you to finally reach the stage that all hackers dream about in their hacking endeavors.
Because ot time constraints on my part I will be hesitant to spend too much additional effort to guide you to where you want to be considering that I have paved "your" way with what I have already provided.

Greetings

Henties

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-09-19 at 5.40.52 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-09-19 at 5.40.52 PM.png
    754.2 KB · Views: 322
  • EFI.zip
    23.1 MB · Views: 336
  • The kexts I built and use.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 304
  • Screenshot 2019-09-19 at 6.14.01 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-09-19 at 6.14.01 PM.png
    165.4 KB · Views: 315
Henties thank you, I will be trying this once I have a fresh SSD, its much appreciated. For "noobs" trying to learn this having others such as yourself to give guidance and help is very honourable. TBH I had a working Sierra system and after playing with it, I've now lost multiple monitors and boot no longer injects Nvidia without me going into boot options. I don't particularly get how to put EFI onto a bootable USB to do all of this on a fresh system so I can get a working machine. hopefully I will work it out but thank you for what you do to fellow users :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back