i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all,

I'm contemplating doing a direct upgrade to Mojave on my Z170x Gaming 5 mobo, has anyone had any success with it?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi all,

I'm contemplating doing a direct upgrade to Mojave on my Z170x Gaming 5 mobo, has anyone had any success with it?

Many thanks in advance.
When i originally updated to Mojave my system was basically the same as it had been from my original build with a 14.2 Sys def and the update from HS to mojave was OK. I later read that some RX580 boards ( mine is a Powercolour version) work OK without Lilu or Weg so i decided to change my Sys def to 17.1 to better match my hardware and now only have Apple alc and Fake SMC in my kexts other folder (no lilu or WEG ) this initially gave me problems with FCPX crashing but was resolved by using a platform id of 0x19120001 and inject intel. Grapics and hardware acceleration work fine and boot from clover screen to login is down to 20 secs ( faster than HS times).
Please note my system is connected to a 55 inch LG 4k uhd TV via HDMI from my RX580, initially i had it via display port but that gave me problems when updating as i thought i was getting 17.1 boot to black screen problems but it turned out if i plugged in to the HDMI port the display was fine.
Hope this helps you in your decision to update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back