Contribute
Register

z170mx question audio front and back..

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're welcome! I'm glad I could help!! this was driving me nuts as well. Glad we could get it fixed.

I fixed it by installing the LATEST CodecCommander, and editing the config prior to installing using KextBeast, used the configuration from this link https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...sleep-on-alc-1150-codeccommander-kext.197498/, then proceeded to install kext, and its been working ever since, even today after sleeping woke up 8 hours later, tested both speakers & audio jack in the front. So the latest Commander works I just edited it prior to install and copied all that info and pasted over my 1150 info in the info.plist

Would you mind explaining how this works? I'm having a similar issue but I don't quite understand how to work CodecCommander and how to edit the plist, any help would be great.

you download the latest codeccommander, open up the config plist and edit it prior to installing the kext with kextbeast. and I edited it using the configuration in the link above.

you download the latest codeccommander, open up the config plist and edit it prior to installing the kext with kextbeast. and I edited it using the configuration in the link above.

This is where it gets confusing, I don't see any config.plist file in CodecCommander, there is however a CodecCommander-Info.plist file, but I'm assuming that's not the one

I believe it is info.plist in the commandercodec kext inside that you're looking for if I remember correctly.

I believe it is info.plist in the commandercodec kext inside that you're looking for if I remember correctly.

I think I see what the problem is... you need to compile the CodecCommander yourself in order to obtain the .kext file, that's where I was going wrong, I didn't realize you had to compile it

I think I see what the problem is... you need to compile the CodecCommander yourself in order to obtain the .kext file, that's where I was going wrong, I didn't realize you had to compile it
I never compiled mine. I don't download the source. I downloaded the kext... premade

I never compiled mine. I don't download the source. I downloaded the kext... premade

Right, someone else uploaded a pre-made kext for me and it ended up working, thanks for your help though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back