Register

z170mx question audio front and back..

Motherboard
GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5
CPU
i6700K
Graphics
eVGA 980 TI SC+ ACX 2.0
You're welcome! I'm glad I could help!! this was driving me nuts as well. Glad we could get it fixed.

Motherboard
GA Z170X-UD3
CPU
i7-6700k
Graphics
GTX 970
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I fixed it by installing the LATEST CodecCommander, and editing the config prior to installing using KextBeast, used the configuration from this link https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...sleep-on-alc-1150-codeccommander-kext.197498/, then proceeded to install kext, and its been working ever since, even today after sleeping woke up 8 hours later, tested both speakers & audio jack in the front. So the latest Commander works I just edited it prior to install and copied all that info and pasted over my 1150 info in the info.plist

Would you mind explaining how this works? I'm having a similar issue but I don't quite understand how to work CodecCommander and how to edit the plist, any help would be great.

Motherboard
GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5
CPU
i6700K
Graphics
eVGA 980 TI SC+ ACX 2.0
you download the latest codeccommander, open up the config plist and edit it prior to installing the kext with kextbeast. and I edited it using the configuration in the link above.

Motherboard
GA Z170X-UD3
CPU
i7-6700k
Graphics
GTX 970
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
you download the latest codeccommander, open up the config plist and edit it prior to installing the kext with kextbeast. and I edited it using the configuration in the link above.

This is where it gets confusing, I don't see any config.plist file in CodecCommander, there is however a CodecCommander-Info.plist file, but I'm assuming that's not the one

Motherboard
GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5
CPU
i6700K
Graphics
eVGA 980 TI SC+ ACX 2.0
I believe it is info.plist in the commandercodec kext inside that you're looking for if I remember correctly.

Motherboard
GA Z170X-UD3
CPU
i7-6700k
Graphics
GTX 970
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I believe it is info.plist in the commandercodec kext inside that you're looking for if I remember correctly.

I think I see what the problem is... you need to compile the CodecCommander yourself in order to obtain the .kext file, that's where I was going wrong, I didn't realize you had to compile it

Motherboard
GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5
CPU
i6700K
Graphics
eVGA 980 TI SC+ ACX 2.0
I think I see what the problem is... you need to compile the CodecCommander yourself in order to obtain the .kext file, that's where I was going wrong, I didn't realize you had to compile it
I never compiled mine. I don't download the source. I downloaded the kext... premade

Motherboard
GA Z170X-UD3
CPU
i7-6700k
Graphics
GTX 970
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I never compiled mine. I don't download the source. I downloaded the kext... premade

Right, someone else uploaded a pre-made kext for me and it ended up working, thanks for your help though