Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170-D3H-f22f
CPU
i3-6100
Graphics
RX 5500 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Does any body have GIGABYTE Z170 board with Opencore i really need there EFI because in my case i face Stuck on [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START] Kernel panic

Share your EFI plz.

Here a EFI With RX 5500xt 8GB

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 175
Does any body have GIGABYTE Z170 board with Opencore i really need there EFI because in my case i face Stuck on [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START] Kernel panic

Share your EFI plz.
Dortania’s guide general recommendations for Skylake settings are: AvoidRuntimeDefrag, EnableWriteUnprotector and SetVirtualMap set to Yes (True) in Booter Quirks section. These are general settings for Skylake and not all Skylake systems will use the same settings so some additional changes will need to be made, sometimes, depending on the motherboard. In my case I have a Gigabyte Z170X series board which would also need in Booter Quirks section, RebuildAppleMemoryMap and SyncRuntimePermissions set to Yes (True)

Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 10.45.42 AM.png

In Kernel Quirks section I set DisableIoMapper to True (Not needed if VT-D is disabled in the UEFI/BIOS settings). Also, in this Kernel Quirks section you need to be careful with AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock. Dortania’s guide recommends by default to set these 2 quirks to No (False) because most Z170X series and similar boards don’t have an option to disable the CfgLock in UEFI/BIOS motherboard settings page. Some people get around this by unlocking to CfgLock with different tools like: CFGLock.efi or modGRUBShell.efi. But luckily Gigabyte is releasing new UEFI/BIOS firmwares with the option included to unlock the CFGLock (thumbs up for Gigabyte, I wish some day they release a firmware version that unlocks CNVi for Broadcom wireless cards on newer motherboards like Z490 series). Some of the Z170X series boards now have this new firmware available for CFGLock. I updated my UEFI firmware which is version F22j and now I don’t need to use CFGLock tool anymore.

1606578924168.png

In summary I just follow Dortania’s guide and set RebuildAppleMemoryMap and SyncRuntimePermissions to Yes (True).​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back