CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I generally just tend to search on here for people with similar hardware and just mimic what they have done to get this system up and running.

Is it safe to assume SOMEONE using same processor and mobo but running a different newer version of OS X can give me the same results if i follow what they have done?

Managed to complete the install of the OS but would like to achieve full system functionality. Any help would be appreciated.

I generally just tend to search on here for people with similar hardware and just mimic what they have done to get this system up and running.

Is it safe to assume SOMEONE using same processor and mobo but running a different newer version of OS X can give me the same results if i follow what they have done?

Managed to complete the install of the OS but would like to achieve full system functionality. Any help would be appreciated.

Uh....Did you check out the guides tab of this site? Follow those instructions, then if you have issues post your questions in the appropriate area of the forum. You could also check out the user builds section an see if you can find someone whose got the same hardware you do. If you need help list your hardware in your post so we know what you have? Honestly if you haven't yet check out the guides tab. If you follow it to the letter it'll get you booted up and then you can get your system specific drivers etc installed via multibeast and set the required boot flags in clover

Uh....Did you check out the guides tab of this site? Follow those instructions, then if you have issues post your questions in the appropriate area of the forum. You could also check out the user builds section an see if you can find someone whose got the same hardware you do. If you need help list your hardware in your post so we know what you have? Honestly if you haven't yet check out the guides tab. If you follow it to the letter it'll get you booted up and then you can get your system specific drivers etc installed via multibeast and set the required boot flags in clover

OK thank you I understand. I've pretty much followed several different threads to get me to the point where I'm at. I guess I'm just a little out of my league technical wise. Not really understanding the post-install processes(like kexts and config.plist) that can get your build as close to 100% as possible.

Currently I'm in the process of trying to get my Radeon RX 560 fully accelerated. Based off of:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/radeon-compatibility-guide-ati-amd-graphics-cards.171291/

The card works OOTB so hence why I at least have discrete graphic enabled. However when I go to "About this Mac" section it shows "7 MB Display" in the Graphics section which leads me to believe that I'm not fully accelerated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back