HW:
Asus Maximus VIII Hero
i7 6700K
Gigabyte 980Ti G1
16GB RAM
BCM9360CD with pci adapter for Wifi/BT4.0
RAID SSD for Windows
HDD for OS X

Followed this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-guides/178197-guide-el-capitan-skylake-h170n-wifi.html up to the parts that were similar to my hardware. But the system only boots with nv_disable=1. I can't make OS X to use the 980Ti.
Already tried several fixes without success. System only detects NVIDIA 5MB.

Also:
WIFI and Sound works.
BT doesn't work.

I already spent hours with this. All the help is appreciated.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.8 KB · Views: 276
Thank you slim.jim

Yes, I installed nvidia web drivers.

In the guide I've followed, there is a step that does the same as in your problem #4 solution (I assume it was based on your guide):

"If using an Nvidia card:

• Edit the file/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist and search it for Mac-65CE76090165799A. On the line after that, change Config2 to none and save the file.
  • Rebuild the kernel cache using the following two commands in terminal:Code:
    sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
    sudo kextcache -system-caches
  • If using an Nvidia card that's not supported out of the box, install the Nvidia Web drivers
  • Edit the file EFI/CLOVER/config.plist on the system drive EFI partition. Find the text nv_disable=1 and delete it (so the remaining boot arguments should be only dart=0). If you don't want to edit this file by hand, you can use Clover Configurator to open the file and uncheck the box for nv_disable=1 on the Boot screen and then save it."
Mac-65CE76090165799A for iMac17,1 is the board-id declared in my config.plist SMBIOS.
I've tried several fixes and boot flags combinations (kext-dev-mode=1 and nvda.drv=1). Always a black screen. After all the messing around I did a fresh install and only applied your problem 4 solution again without success.

Just to be sure, the boot flag is not nvda.drv=1, it is nvda_drv=1

Yes, I'm using nvda_drv=1. Sorry about that.

I've changed the system profile to 14,2 and 6,1 also no go.

I'm using HDMI connection, can this be a problem?
I have a triple monitor 1080p setup, one connected by HDMI, plus two connected with adapters DisplayPort -> HDMI.
For El Capitan I'm
only connecting one monitor to the HDMI port.

Thank you.

Yes, I'm using nvda_drv=1. Sorry about that.

I've changed the system profile to 14,2 and 6,1 also no go.

I'm using HDMI connection, can this be a problem?
I have a triple monitor 1080p setup, one connected by HDMI, plus two connected with adapters DisplayPort -> HDMI.
For El Capitan I'm
only connecting one monitor to the HDMI port.

Thank you.

You arent injecting Nvidia in your config are you?

Hi resmas,

My new right has the same mobo, 16GB 4x4GB and EVGA 980 Ti hybrid -- which I think is almost same as yours except the RAID Setup and BT/WiFi card. I only have SDD for Mac/Windows which I will setup for dual booting.

Will try this maybe tonight if I have time. I did tried to install hackintosh but failed. I'll use the same tutorial and get back to you if I will experience the same problem.

Thank you.

Yup. Got the same problem.

BTW, how did you fix the sound? I installed Multibeast ALC1150 but the sound icon is still missing. Tried to install Mirone's AppleHDA but still not working.

hope you can share. Thank you. :)

I have the same problem on an Asus Maximum VIII Impact. I get OSX installed, I get everything working except for the graphics card.

I've been using the iMac 17,1 profile that ammulder suggested in the Skylake Starter Guide. I remove the nv_disable=1 flag, I add kext-dev-mode=1 and ndva_drv=1, I also modify AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext and it still won't work. Yes, I'm using the web drivers.

I've now done a clean install twice with the same results. I tried installing and reinstalling multiple times to the point where I corrupted the system cache. It's driving me nuts.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back