Contribute
Register

Z10PE-D16 WS Catalina OpenCore working EFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok great! will continue to do some testing.

today is another day, I can create a Mojave usb installer ! WTF !!! tried command line, no go, tried DiskMaker, no go! is hell !!!

doing more OpenCore testing

I check this message, and got the clover install to get to a final screen but got an error of could not install on the disk, than I found this message to use a combo Catalina installer. So downloading and trying that now. Almost there!

I check this message, and got the clover install to get to a final screen but got an error of could not install on the disk,
I've tested this EFI folder and it didn't work for me
But since I 've noticed ... it would be mandatory to Clean the NVRAM (F11 at clover screen) EACH time we try a new EFI folder
than I found this message to use a combo Catalina installer. So downloading and trying that now. Almost there!
Glad it work for you ;-)

not yet! I tried to install Catalina, got to the "macOS could not be installed on your computer". The fix is to use the 10.15.5 combo update, I downloaded, is a .dmg, what do I do now? I need to convert the .dmg or the .pkg to .app to make the new usb stick, how I do that? I am searching google but could not find a way?

I'm using opencore 0.57

Not sure why you are trying to use the combo update. Why not download the latest installer the easy way using macOS Catalina Patcher:

just use it to download the installer, but don't patch.

I tried the patcher and did not install. does the patcher include the combo too

Last edited:
Just I case : here's my last clover Folder for Mojave
it's out of the thread's subject

Attachments

• Z10PE-D8 CLover 10.14.6.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 79
I finally got Catalina to work on my system.
I had to get a 10.15.0 original image and use the EFI from here.

Now I am trying to update to 10.15.5 using the combo installation from here, but it does not install.
Maybe I need to through each updates? Not sure.

I have no longer the mother board so I can't test any further
Hope you will succeed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back