Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z170A Gaming M7
CPU
Intel Core I7 6700K
Graphics
MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
[Solved] Yukon 88e8056 Mountain Lion No Netwotk

First i'd like to say thanks to everyone here at tonymacx86, im no noob but i doubt i ever would of gotten to this point without this site.

OK, i followed the Mountain Lion guide in the guides section of the home screen to install however i also followed this gude as i have a 6870, i can say with 100% certainty that everything went ok, once i worked out the install order. I had to do multibeast first, then teboot before i reinstalled the 6000 series kext else my system would not boot. After 3 reinstalls i have a totally stable and lightning fast ML install.

Only problem is i cannot get my Marvell Yukon 88e8056 network card functioning. In the other topic i followed specific to my board the poster includes a kext for the network however installing it causes my system to freeze on boot.

Please can someone link me to the correct kext.

Thanks all

EDIT

After a solid week of messing around and numerous reinstalls i have finally got this working.

1) I disabled my NIC in BIOS
2) Installed This kext file using kextbeast, i know its for a different board but it works
3) Rebooted and reenabled NIC
4) Eh voilla

If you install the kext with NIC enabled you'll end up with kernel panic??

Forgot to say in using ML 10.8. Its the only one i had access to as i was given it by a friend. The intention is to purchase 10.8.3 from the store and upgrade, once i'm connected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back