Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[SOLVED!] YouTube videos won't load/freezes

EDIT: The solution was simple. I just had to re-run MultiBeast after updating to 10.8.2. That worked!

Hi guys :)

I'm experiencing a weird problem with my newly built hackintosh - It's almost the only thing not working, but it's a biggie. When I try loading YouTube-videos, the video won't start or stops at a random point. I've tried reinstalling flash, enrolling in the HTML5 trial and emptying cache, but none of it worked. What can I do?

The problem persists in both Safari and Chrome.

Mobo: B75-D3P
Processor: i5-3570k
Graphics: HD 4000

Regards
Mathias

Same problem here, videos on YT stop playing after some time.

I too am having this problem with my new custoMAC. But the worst part is that when I go to play a video it will actually reset my internet connection. So not only will the video not load but my modem will reset itself!? Are there any gurus out there that could explain why this might be happening and have a possible fix? I would be most appreciative!

ud5h mobo, i7 3770k, HD 4000

Solved?! - I found this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/6...yte-z77x-up5ths-onboard-nic-5.html#post443264. Downloaded the kext from: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/205771-appleintele1000ekext-for-108107106105/ This didn't seem to fix so then I moved ethernet cable from LAN 2 port to LAN 1 (one next to the audio jacks) and now youtube is playing videos... YEAH! I still seem to have erratic modem resets... not sure what the heck is going on there... Any thoughts and help would be nice.

Found a solution, a rather simple one: I just had to re-run MultiBeast after updating to 10.8.2. Now everything works great (still have to figure out why I have slow Sata III reads, though).

Gotta love the vague answers. "I fixed it! Just had to rerun MultiBeast." That really helps...NOT! What in MB made the difference?

So what exactly is the fix? I'm having the same problem and it doesn't look like anyone has clarified how to do it.

Any help?

Cheers

Bump,

Looking for an answer to same question.

Do you guys have Lilu.kext installed?
I did what MathiasVH said, and it worked. Let me expand.

I opened multibeast, Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode
Drivers>Reselected my audio drivers
Bootloaders>Clover UEFI Boot Mode
Customize>AMD Graphics Fixup & Intel Graphics Fixup (as I have an AMD RX580 & integrated graphics with my intel i7-8700K)
Build>Select Drive, then Install. Restart.
Worked for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back