Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270M
CPU
Intel i5 6600K
Graphics
Sapphire RX 480
Hello.

I have got my Hackintosh working perfectly in the graphical area, but I have one issue left--the sound doesn't work. When I load a game, no audio comes out of the speakers, which should be the correct audio source from when I installed the Realtek HDA patch. It gets weirder, though. When I load a Youtube video, Quicktime movie, or iTunes music file, the file doesn't play, but rather just sits at 0:00 and mocks me. As a Windows person, this seems to me like a codec issue, am I wrong?

Videos and media played back fine, just without any kind of sound, before I installed 100 series audio from Multibeast. Could that be a factor? I have a Gigabyte z270M-D3H with a Realtek ALC892 chip.

maybe it is the factor I think because I have the same issue

Hello.

I have got my Hackintosh working perfectly in the graphical area, but I have one issue left--the sound doesn't work. When I load a game, no audio comes out of the speakers, which should be the correct audio source from when I installed the Realtek HDA patch. It gets weirder, though. When I load a Youtube video, Quicktime movie, or iTunes music file, the file doesn't play, but rather just sits at 0:00 and mocks me. As a Windows person, this seems to me like a codec issue, am I wrong?

Videos and media played back fine, just without any kind of sound, before I installed 100 series audio from Multibeast. Could that be a factor? I have a Gigabyte z270M-D3H with a Realtek ALC892 chip.

Did you ever figure this out? Im having the exact same issue. I can't get any media files to play at all. They just sit at 0:00.

Oddly enough my microphone input works, but now sound and videos won't play.

This guide solved the problems for me and I now have fully working audio and video playback!
https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/4sil5p/audio_mechanic_old_patchfix_removal_applealc/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back