Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mac Pro
CPU
Core i5 SandyBridge
Graphics
GeForce Gt 9500
Hi Guys,
I recently built a new setup with a i7 6700k, z170N gaming 5, RX 480 and got everything functioning finally. Only problem I am having is that YouTube is freezing on Safari, I cannot get any video to load and the homepage doesn't even fully load. I also cannot get Google Chrome to load, so I am thinking these two issues might be related. Flash is enabled in safari and works perfectly on other sites. Just flash video doesn't seem to function properly. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Hi Guys,
I recently built a new setup with a i7 6700k, z170N gaming 5, RX 480 and got everything functioning finally. Only problem I am having is that YouTube is freezing on Safari, I cannot get any video to load and the homepage doesn't even fully load. I also cannot get Google Chrome to load, so I am thinking these two issues might be related. Flash is enabled in safari and works perfectly on other sites. Just flash video doesn't seem to function properly. Any suggestions would be appreciated
Changing my system definition from 17,1 to 14,2 seemed to fix both problems.

This is awesome rishi44. Have you had a chance to run any benchmarks?

This is awesome rishi44. Have you had a chance to run any benchmarks?
I started up a unigine valley benchmark but didn't run it all the way, it was running pretty smoothly over the duration I ran it. I also did Geekbench and got scores a bit higher than the 27inch 5K iMac Late 2015 i7 6700k. I did a disk speed test on my 950 pro and I was getting 1500 write and over 2000 read. Any others you suggest or you want me to post?

I started up a unigine valley benchmark but didn't run it all the way, it was running pretty smoothly over the duration I ran it. I also did Geekbench and got scores a bit higher than the 27inch 5K iMac Late 2015 i7 6700k. I did a disk speed test on my 950 pro and I was getting 1500 write and over 2000 read. Any others you suggest or you want me to post?

That sounds like great news Rishi... Can't help but wonder how the final GPU output is.

I'm planning on a very similar setup, but struggling between awaiting for RX 480 (or even the newer Radeon Pro WX 7100).

I'd like to stick with the NVIDIA, however two RX480s may offer a better (relatively native) support given AMDs OpenCL seemingly more aligned with Apple's primary dev focus.

Thanks for again for the response.

You know I still am having the same issue still. I'm still looking for a fix.

I see that we have a very similar build. I have tried almost everything but cannot get a fix. My current system is 10.12.3 and youtube+chrome doesn't work after sleep. Also my FaceTime stopped working after sleep as well. What system are you using now?

I think maybe its the motherboard and RX480's issues. You said it was working when you changed the system definition. What happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back