Core 2 Duo
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GT 640
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello everyone!

I would like to know if you prefer gaming on OS X or Windows?

And how does the Hackintosh itself take effect in gaming
compared to a "normal" PC with Windows only?
If the game is offered in OS x I'll use OS x if not I'll use windows

Motherboard
Asus P5LP-LE
CPU
Core 2 Duo
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GT 640
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Why OS X? Are there any advantages?
well around here you'll find most of us prefer mac os x over windows because its a better and safer OS than windows and we are mostly just die hard Mac gurus which is why we are able to make hackintoshes i'll only game in windows because the game is only available on windows other than that reason i would even touch windows if it wasn't for that i hate it personally

But it's all up to preference never seen a performance issue using a game that was available on both OS

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97-GAMING 5
CPU
Intel Core i7 4790K
Graphics
MSI GTX 970
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
But it's all up to preference never seen a performance issue using a game that was available on both OS
That's what i'm wondering about. Some people say there is a performance loss if a game is originally designed for Windows and then ported to OS X.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
on my recent hackintosh build even with a gtx 980 ti i notice performance issues in starcraft 2 max settings compared to silky smooth performance on my windows boot.

it was still playable, might try to turn settings all the way down to see if it fixes it. might be a system configuration problem i havent figured out yet if it doesnt.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97-GAMING 5
CPU
Intel Core i7 4790K
Graphics
MSI GTX 970
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
on my recent hackintosh build even with a gtx 980 ti i notice performance issues in starcraft 2 max settings compared to silky smooth performance on my windows boot.

it was still playable, might try to turn settings all the way down to see if it fixes it. might be a system configuration problem i havent figured out yet if it doesnt.
Do you have any comparisons, like a Benchmark from Starcraft 2?
What about the average fps?

Motherboard
Asus B85M-G
CPU
Intel Core i5-4440
Graphics
MSI GTX 960
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
On my system (i5 4440, 960, 16gb), I tried Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider and GRID 2 natively on mac. All of them ran well, slower than Windows by 15-25% sometimes, but not slow enough to render them unplayable, still stays above 60fps on highest possible options.

The games themselves lack some options though, Tomb Raider doesnt show High/Ultra options on many of the gfx settings and similarly for Bioshock Infinite.

Just for the lulz, I installed GTA 5 inside Parallels 11 today. Funnily it, it ran pretty well, reaching mid 40s on foot, and low 20s in car on 1080p, lowest settings (4 core,8GB RAM,1.5GB VRAM for VM). There are some minor texture glitches and some other random bugs.

Obviously this looks like crap, compared to Ultra settings with PCSS, HBAO and all in Windows, and has quite a bit of fps drops, but well, what can you do.

Games like AOE 3, AOE 2 HD, GTA SA etc run smoothly inside Parallels.

Windows Dual Boot is the ultimate way to go for gaming, but you can get a fair bit on gaming done if you are not picky inside OSX/Parallels.

GTAVLauncher 2015-12-26 03-38-08-37.jpgGTAVLauncher 2015-12-26 03-39-38-05.jpgGTAVLauncher 2015-12-26 03-42-22-50.jpgGTAVLauncher 2015-12-26 03-53-26-77.jpg

Motherboard
MSI z97 Krait
CPU
Intel 4790k
Graphics
GTX 780 OC
Mac
MacBook Air
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
my thoughts on OSX gaming:

I will play on OSX if it's supported, but

ive run benchmarks on Windows and MacOSX and you get about 10 frames per second less on Mac.
ran on 4790k with GTX680.
i think its because in Windows you have direct X and in Mac you only have GL.

Motherboard
Asus H110M-D
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 630
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
I came from Windows to a Hackintosh because I was getting a bit sick of games and the gaming community of nowadays. I wasn't playing much on Windows so I thought that a Hackintosh would suit me better. Mac doesn't have much to offer when it comes to games but I like what it offers. Also, it keeps my mind clear to do other stuff besides caring much about having a pc only for gaming.
Besides Steam, I also love emulating some games on OpenEmu, it has some awesome filters and a huge compatibility list. While on Windows I had to download each emulator separately, in OpenEmu you can have a folder named ROMS, put your roms there and just drop them on the emulator that it will sort them out automatically for you.