http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_IIc

:thumbup:

Attachments

• apple2e.jpg
    apple2e.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 1,307
Last edited by a moderator:
Commodore 64 baby!!!!

I had two up until about 5 years ago when I had to move from New York to Arizona. Had to get rid of so much stuff. :(
Maybe I will hit up ebay today and buy myself one if one is to be had.

800px-Commodore64.jpg

My 1st computer was a S-100 buss Imsai 8080. I bought the case and started to wire wrap the CPU board, not knowing what I was getting into. After spending a gazillion hours trying to wire wrap, I sold to a neighbor who was a Electrical Engineer. I also gave him my box of wire wrapping tools. I vowed never again to get involved in a electronic kit. Building radio controlled model airplanes was more fun and rewarding.
imsai_8080_1.jpg

A couple of years later, it was time to quit avoiding getting a Masters degree, so I entered a MBA program, part time at night, at the local university. I discovered the computer lab with Apple IIs which the business students used to create spreadsheets with Visi-Cal. Rather than spend after work time at the university computer lab, I wanted to be at home with my family, so I bought an Apple IIc and AppleWorks. As an engineer, I had fun with the business students and managed to model a business using spreadsheet in AppleWorks. I had 7 spreadsheets linked together to model the business. And the rest is history...well, for me and Apple computers.
apple-1-2-steves.jpg

The Apple IIc ran ProDos, and I got good enough using it that I was recruited by the president of the Dayton (OH) Apple Users Group to write a column in the group's monthly magazine, entitled, "The IIs with ProDos."

So, thanks, Tony, for starting this thread. Brings back many memories.

aero++ said:

lol I almost forgot what that screen looked like!! The best part is that seeing that screen now I subconsciously set my iMac screen that back round color for a while. I must of been trying to relive the past or something.

not as hardcore as you guys. first one was a compaq from '97
PRESARIO.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back