Register

Your First Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• Atari_800XL_Plain_White.jpg
    Atari_800XL_Plain_White.jpg
    518.3 KB · Views: 138
Apple Macintosh LC II (1992). It came with System 7.0.1 and completely changed my life. It's now been 20 years of computing the Macintosh way.

It's also the last time I was in possession of a consumer-level Mac until last Friday, when I picked up the new MBA.

Attachments

• snap18.jpg
    snap18.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 181
Not sure what it was called, but it was possibly this:

Sinclair_Spectrum+2_System_s1.jpg

All I remember is that it had a green screen on which i typed "Start E" or something like that, then went and ate dinner while the tape data loaded (It went "mmmmeeeeep... MEEEEEP....mmmmeeeep....MEEEEEP while it loaded). And I remember the platform game that was my favourite - unfortunately I only remember the tune - too bad you can't google by tune.

Ahh! My first computer!
In 1983 we got an Apple //e with a Montior ///, 128k 80 column card, and a single Disk II drive. The first program I played was Aztec.
We later added an rf modulator to hook it up to our color TV (my first dual monitor setup). In 85 we upgraded it to the "enhanced" model but it was soon replaced entirely when we got our Macintosh Plus the following year.

Attachments

• 5K15H25Me3Kc3Fe3Ncc3v3f8531bc18dc1cd9.jpg
    5K15H25Me3Kc3Fe3Ncc3v3f8531bc18dc1cd9.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 95
Hmm, lets see...

Very first one was the Magnavox Odyssey.
Magnavox%20Odyssey.jpg

Then the Atari 2600.
2600.JPG

Then briefly a Colecovision.
colecovision.JPG

On to the original Compaq Portable. (Which was a 28 lbs. suitcase. Think about that next time you complain about your 5 lbs. laptop. :p
Compaq_Portable_PC.jpg

Then came the Commodore 64. (The original and the re-release 64C.)
800px-Commodore64.jpg

Then the Amiga 500. (In the attic, still worked last time I checked.)
commodore_amiga_500.jpg

And one of my personal favorites, first one bought with my own money and paid twice what it was worth. :p
The Power Mac 6100/60.
powermac-6100.jpg

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back