Contribute
Register

Your First Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
mine was the humble Atari 520st with C-Lab Creator software.

The Atari had built in Midi Ports which was great for the Midi DAW platforms of the day. Steinberg Cubase was more popular but I preferred Creator which was later acquired by eMagic and then by Apple and became Logic.

1620836734194.png

Punch hole Terminal at school (I've got an unclassified CSE in Computer Studies) connecting to "The" Post Office Computer, ZX80, then ZX81 with 16Kb upgrade (both stuck on a board to prevent it moving). (Upgrade taller and narrower than the image above.) The Sinclairs were such a frustration but I didn't really think anything of it until I got a BBC B, which felt like a real computer. Cant really remember how much any of it cost except that the first floppy drive ((360kb, 5 and 1/4" ) for the BBC was £220.

I started with fruits.....

My first one was the Apricot PC :lol:

Bildschirmfoto 2021-08-07 um 11.47.27.jpg

After learning dbase II and Administrating them on IBM´s and ....... I was bored fast, and went Amiga for Video Editing 3D !!!!!!!

This Amigas where very innovative.

Then worked in a Professional Movie Company with SGI Indigo 2 and Onyx on full Movie 3D Post Special Effects.

After that I bought Macs for DTP ( QuarkExpress 1 Photoshop 1 Filemaker 1 .... ) and all the Other artificial things ;-)

Also convert Mac II si to Filemaker Server with a Serial to Telephone Cable Network for Central Databases in many Galleries.

This Filemaker Programming still runs Today.

Last edited by a moderator:
I started with fruits.....

My first one was the Apricot PC :lol:

View attachment 526471

After learning dbase II and Administrating them on IBM´s and ....... I was bored fast, and went Amiga for Video Editing 3D !!!!!!!

This Amigas where very innovative.

Then worked in a Professional Movie Company with SGI Indigo 2 and Onyx on full Movie 3D Post Special Effects.

After that I bought Macs for DTP ( QuarkExpress 1 Photoshop 1 Filemaker 1 .... ) and all the Other artificial things ;-)

Also convert Mac II si to Filemaker Server with a Serial to Telephone Cable Network for Central Databases in many Galleries.

This Filemaker Programming still runs Today.
Nice! Apricot is a name I've not heard in a long while. As it happens one of my relatives actually knew the original team members years ago who created these very machines. They had some amazing products, sad it was eventually sold off and disbanded.

Anyways this was my first computer (Sharp MZ-700).

mz-700-1a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back