My first Mac: :thumbup:

Mac Plus
1MB RAM
External 20MB SCSI Hard Drive
Mac Plus Kbd and Mouse
System 6

48K Sinclair ZX Spectrum
Got a Microdrive for it the next year.

I think technically our first computer was an Apple II, but we didn't have it for long and I never used it.

The first PC we had was a Gateway 2000.

Pentium 2 @ 300mhz (cooled by the power supply fan and a massive heatsink)
128MB Ram (maybe 64, it was upgraded a couple of times, eventually to 256mb)
9GB Hard Drive (Died ten years later when I shorted out the circuit board on my computer case)
SLOW Integrated graphics
15" CRT running at 1154x864 instead of 1280x1024 because the graphics didn't support 1280x1024 with 32bit color.
Gateway standard Keyboard with ball mouse
Dialup 56k modem
No ethernet card

I formatted and formatted that thing so many times I lost count. I tried various versions of linux, betas of windows and god knows what else on that thing. The hard drive never made a peep, until it longer made a peep at all. I tore it apart because it was no longer usable. Everything still worked when it was torn down and recycled, even the cd drive.

gateway_2000_e-3000_0010_header.jpg

The Boston 2.1 speaker set shown here still works. It sounds fantastic and is being used as speakers for the Kitchen tv. I used to CRANK these things up as high as they would go when I was a metal head.

mjDftMxvWsyOh5E6y8GXSug.jpg

The first computer I ever got to play on was an Apple IIe. Drawing an apple on the screen with a bunch of lines of text was the greatest!

This is close to the computer I actually owned. It was an HP Vectra 486DX2 100Mhz

Attachments

• d3115.jpg
    d3115.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 277
I'll try and keep the list chronologically correct, but most of these were a long time ago...

Dragon 32
Acorn Atom
Commodore +4
Amstrad CPC464
Apple IIe
Atari 65XE
Amiga 500
Amiga 1200
Sinclair QL
Zenith Supersport 286
IBM PS2 Model 60

Plus too many IBM clones/Laptops and Homemade PCs to count!
I'm sure there must be others but I can't remember them at the moment.

640px-Tektronix_4051_ad_April_1976.jpg

a tektronix 4051 storage tube "PC" we had 2 of them as my uncle was a tech for Textronix and got them "surplus" in around 84

We had a Mac SE at home around 1988-89 but things got tight and it was sold while it was still worth something. I managed to re-acquire one about ten years ago.

The first machine I bought myself was a second-hand Quadra 840AV in early 1995.

Sinclair ZX Spectrum for me, loading games with the cassette player.....ah the good old days.

Attachments

• ZX Spectrum.jpeg
    ZX Spectrum.jpeg
    7.5 KB · Views: 248
My first computer was a Tandy 1000 SX. My parents bought it for the family when I was 6 years old. I still have it, and last year I fired it up and was able to play Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?

Attachments

• tandy.jpg
    tandy.jpg
    354.3 KB · Views: 200
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back