Contribute
Register

Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance. plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.
After updating to Yosemite I had the same problem. I installed AppleIntelE1000e v3.0.4.1a using Multibeast 7.0.1 and it resolved the issue. Hope that helps! :)

This worked for me, thanks!

This worked for me, thanks!

Also worked for me. When I did my new 10.9.5 install, I was not planning on using any ethernet, so I did not install any network drivers. I just installed AppleIntelE1000e v3.1.0 and it worked!

Z97x-UD5h
TP-Link TL-WDN4800

Even though it did not change my wireless card to en0 (it is still en2), I am able to use the AppStore now. Also, not using any ethernet ports (board has 2). Hope this helps others

I have been hassling with this issue for the last week or two. However this morning I got it to work. I figured that it must be a problem with the system serial number in SMBIOS.plist so I merely generated a new one by using Multibeast and reinstalling the Mac Pro 3,1 SMBIOS.plist.

Voila.

This is confusing because all the talk on here suggests it's something to do with the en(x) designation of my network adapters. I am using a Ralink USB WIFI dongle and even when I deleted the adapters in Network Preferences and delete NetworkConfiguration.plist it doesn't change a thing. I then reinstalled hnak's intel 1000e kext and still nothing changed.

What's strange now is that my WIFI dongle is designated as WLAN and not en0 and everything works fine.

Weird little bug.

Cheers :)

I have been hassling with this issue for the last week or two. However this morning I got it to work. I figured that it must be a problem with the system serial number in SMBIOS.plist so I merely generated a new one by using Multibeast and reinstalling the Mac Pro 3,1 SMBIOS.plist.

Voila.

This is confusing because all the talk on here suggests it's something to do with the en(x) designation of my network adapters. I am using a Ralink USB WIFI dongle and even when I deleted the adapters in Network Preferences and delete NetworkConfiguration.plist it doesn't change a thing. I then reinstalled hnak's intel 1000e kext and still nothing changed.

What's strange now is that my WIFI dongle is designated as WLAN and not en0 and everything works fine.

Weird little bug.

Cheers :)

You need both... ('en0'/builtin) and a correctly formatted serial#.

After updating to Yosemite I had the same problem. I installed AppleIntelE1000e v3.0.4.1a using Multibeast 7.0.1 and it resolved the issue. Hope that helps! :)

Also fixed mine.

v10.10.1

My understanding is, you can access the MAS with WiFi only (no built-in Ethernet) iff:
- the WiFi is built-in (eg. a supported PCIe chip)
- you're using MacBookAir smbios

If you're using any other smbios or your WiFi is not built-in (eg. USB) you will need a built-in Ethernet at 'en0'.

NullEthernet.kext can work around this requirement by providing a 'fake' Ethernet at 'en0'...

RehabMan,
I have a working ethernet ( No working WIFI). Will the NullEthernet.kext work for me? Thank you!
dpci.png

RehabMan,
I have a working ethernet ( No working WIFI). Will the NullEthernet.kext work for me? Thank you!
View attachment 132574

Yes, but your Ethernet will work, so no need...

Note: WiFi is not Ethernet.

Your Intel Ethernet is supported by both hnak's AppleIntelE1000e.kext and Mieze's IntelMausiEthernet.kext.

Yes, but your Ethernet will work, so no need...

Note: WiFi is not Ethernet.

Your Intel Ethernet is supported by both hnak's AppleIntelE1000e.kext and Mieze's IntelMausiEthernet.kext.

Thanks.

How to fix the "Your device or computer could not be verified..." error?

Also , the audio not working, a silent MAC.

Thanks.

How to fix the "Your device or computer could not be verified..." error?

You need to an Ethernet driver appropriate for your hardware.

Also , the audio not working, a silent MAC.

Audio is off-topic in the Network forum.

Hey Rehabman how do I check to make sure I have both, en0 and a serial number?

Just some more info:

I just installed TP-Link TL-WDN4800. I have WiFI internet access and everything seems to be working fine. Just no access to the App Store. Interestingly the notes app syncs perfectly which is iCloud based, right?
Funny thing is I got my Ethernet to work which I could't do previously hence why I bought the PCIe card. Now I have both WiFi and Ethernet but still no App Store access. Frustrating!!

I've read a few threads around here and no matter what I've tried I can't log into the app store which I desperately need to validate my copy of Logic Pro X :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back