Graphics
NVidia GTX 285
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My build info is in my signature below...

Installed Yosemite and and using MultiBeast, I reset the computer and waited for it to boot. Well I'm presented with an Apple Logo with a loading type of bar underneath. Once the bar gets under the Apple Logo, the screen displays a white square with a grey circle/slash error type icon.

When using -v to boot, it gets forever stuck on "Still waiting for root device".

When using -x to boot, it say's "Can't find system library kernels mach_kernel".

With my system, my flags have always been:

GraphicsEnabler=Yes
PCIRootUID=1
npci=0x2000

But suddenly nothing is working.

My MB install bypassed the "Quick Install" section because this wasn't a new install. I used the 3rd party usb 3.0, trim enabler, storage injector, graphics mode, and...I think that's it.

Again, my build info is below.

Now I seem to be getting errors no matter what I do.

Booting into safe mode gives me the message that mach_kernel can't be found and takes me back to the Chameleon boot screen. And everything else takes me to an Apple booting screen that fails 25% through and semi-resets my machine.

Seems like PCIRootUID=1 was giving me the issue. I changed it to 0 and can now get into the install seen again. Doing another install over my previous install (to hopefully wipe any bad settings out) and gonna try the same kernel string to HOPEFULLY boot into the drive.

Ok now I really need some help...

I'm able to get into the install using:

npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=0

However upon booting into the desktop, my CPU temp is at 90 and I have no idea why.

It keeps shutting down on me when I do anything but let it sit there.

WHAT IS GOING ON!?

Hi psionicsin

Did you get Yosemite running on this mobo in the end? I have the same mobo but for a newbee in this bizz it would be nice to know if it is possible?

Thanks Michiel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back