1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Windows Phone
Hi,

My Yosemite install randomly decided to stop working and now only does so with the flag in the title. I tried using the -v flag to diagnose it, and this is where it freezes (with the UseKernelCache=No flag, it goes past it and boots):

NTFS-fs warning(device /dev/disk0s2, pid 101): ntfs_system_inodes_get(): $LogFile is not clean. Will not be able to remount read-write. Mount in Windows.
NTFS-fs warning (device /dev/disk0s2, pid 101): ntfs_system_inodes_get(): Windows is hibernated. Will not be able to remount read-write. Run chkdsk.

This is a dual boot config, with both Windows and OS X on separate HDDs. Windows was installed first, OS X after. SATA mode was set to AHCI for both installs. I have no idea what went wrong and would appreciate any help with this. Thanks!

Hi,

My Yosemite install randomly decided to stop working and now only does so with the flag in the title. I tried using the -v flag to diagnose it, and this is where it freezes (with the UseKernelCache=No flag, it goes past it and boots):

NTFS-fs warning(device /dev/disk0s2, pid 101): ntfs_system_inodes_get(): $LogFile is not clean. Will not be able to remount read-write. Mount in Windows.
NTFS-fs warning (device /dev/disk0s2, pid 101): ntfs_system_inodes_get(): Windows is hibernated. Will not be able to remount read-write. Run chkdsk.

This is a dual boot config, with both Windows and OS X on separate HDDs. Windows was installed first, OS X after. SATA mode was set to AHCI for both installs. I have no idea what went wrong and would appreciate any help with this. Thanks!

Are you able to see and access Windows and view and edit your files in say My Documents /My Pictures/Videos through your Current Hackintosh Yosemite Desktop?

Based on the information you have given here , I doubt you can do that.

Mac has provided only read capability for current Windows with filesystem of NTFS , but NOT Write capability and there could be a tool somewhere hidden inside Mac, but MAC does not want it to be activated. You might need third party paid tools installed in MAC to overcome this issue of Mac's HFS+ not communicating freely[R&W] with Windows' NTFS.

Yes, but this issue occurs at boot. Would third party tools that help me write to NTFS really mitigate this issue? I have a feeling it's something else that's causing this.

Yes, but this issue occurs at boot. Would third party tools that help me write to NTFS really mitigate this issue? I have a feeling it's something else that's causing this.

I am not sure whether this will fix your issue. In my multi-disk multiboot system of Yosemite/Windows8.1/Dreamstudio Linux I see similar lines about NTFS but it does not freeze but continues to boot. I have File System aware Tools installed in all 3 . See attached boot screen image.

Have you run a File system check on your Windows to find and fix any Filesystem errors. That might be something you might consider as your error message suggest Check disk .

Attachments

• P6281179.jpg
    P6281179.jpg
    1,002.8 KB · Views: 285
Try booting with kext-dev-mode=1

My org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0 PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1 -v</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>

nvda_drv=1 - ignore if you don't have nvidia web drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back