Intel Core i5 4670k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Alright, when I boot off of my USB drive into my Yosemite installation one of three things happens. Either

a: I receive an error right when I begin to boot into OS X called "Can't find /System/Library/Kernels/mach_kernel". This (from my experimentation) only happens when I try to boot into safe mode.

b: I receive a kernel panic about 25% of the way through the OS X loading process. The kernel panic tells me "System uptime in nanoseconds: *insert random numbers here*".

c: I get into the OS no problem, but can only stay there for about 90 seconds to three minutes because Mac OS X freezes (mouse stops moving, no keyboard input, etc.). I would put all my important files onto a thumb drive so I can wipe clean the SSD and retry the entire installation process, but like I said before I can only stay on the OS for up to three minutes. Strange.

Any ideas? I am mostly concerned with how to make OS X more stable at this point because that seems to be my biggest problem.

Motherboard
MSI Z77A-GD55
CPU
Intel i5 3570K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 980 4GB
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Alright, when I boot off of my USB drive into my Yosemite installation one of three things happens. Either

a: I receive an error right when I begin to boot into OS X called "Can't find /System/Library/Kernels/mach_kernel". This (from my experimentation) only happens when I try to boot into safe mode.

b: I receive a kernel panic about 25% of the way through the OS X loading process. The kernel panic tells me "System uptime in nanoseconds: *insert random numbers here*".

c: I get into the OS no problem, but can only stay there for about 90 seconds to three minutes because Mac OS X freezes (mouse stops moving, no keyboard input, etc.). I would put all my important files onto a thumb drive so I can wipe clean the SSD and retry the entire installation process, but like I said before I can only stay on the OS for up to three minutes. Strange.

Any ideas? I am mostly concerned with how to make OS X more stable at this point because that seems to be my biggest problem.
Which version of Unibeast did you use? 5.0.0 or 5.0.1?

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD3H
CPU
Intel Core i5 4670k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Alright I will do that. I had the same problem with the kernel match when I tried to boot off of my SSD as well (in fact, I don't think I booted off of my SSD). I hope this does the trick!

Motherboard
MSI Z77A-GD55
CPU
Intel i5 3570K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 980 4GB
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Alright I will do that. I had the same problem with the kernel match when I tried to boot off of my SSD as well (in fact, I don't think I booted off of my SSD). I hope this does the trick!
Hopefully it does, I suggest while installing and booting use -v as it will help where you get stuck at. Report back soon :)

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD3H
CPU
Intel Core i5 4670k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Alright I think I will do a new install. Mainly due to the fact that I installed some incorrect audio drivers earlier so I want to be able to start fresh. I will keep you updated.

Motherboard
MSI Z77A-GD55
CPU
Intel i5 3570K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 980 4GB
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Alright I think I will do a new install. Mainly due to the fact that I installed some incorrect audio drivers earlier so I want to be able to start fresh. I will keep you updated.
Don't install the USB 3.0 kext, native kext seems to work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.