GeForce 960
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0

Hello Everyone,

I've been trying to build my Hackintosh for a couple of days now and im having a couple of issues. I followed the directions on Beelzebozo's 9 series build guide to the letter and up to this point been able ot get snow leopard up, which allowed me to make a Yosemite USB boot drive via Unibeast.

I have hit a wall though, at the point of trying to install Yosemite from this drive and while viewing the install with the verbose (-v) command I can see it stall at a couple of places depending on what i change. I'll list my specs and what I have tried to far, I was really hoping someone better equipped could help me along the way!

This is the point at which the install hangs and goes no further:
Yosemite Stall.jpg

Thanks a lot in advance

Specs:

Mobo: Gigabyte 297x ud3h
CPU: i5 4690k
RAM: Crucial ballistix 16g
HD: samsung evo 250g SSD

While following the main guide on this forum I was able to set the following BIOS settings:

- Optimized defaults: Set
- VT-d: disabled
- CFG-lock: Couldn't locate it in the BIOS
- Secure boot mode: Couldn't locate it in the BIOS

The Unibeast setting i used were the ones suggested on the main guide on this site.

I made sure to use USB 2.0 throughout.

At this point I started doing research and have tried the following boot commands:
-x -v maxmem=4906 maxmem=8192 GraphicsEnabler=no PCIrootUID=1

None of this worked. I made sure that the BIOS is set to use IGFX and not rely on a GPU (There is not one installed yet!)

Another thread suggested i attempt to remove the bluetooth kexts, which i tried to no avail.

These are the types of message i get during the verbose install:
3.jpg2.jpg1.jpg

Sorry for the potato quality pictures...

Any direction would be appreciated folks. This is starting to give me a headache now..

I'll answer any questions as best as I can, thanks a lot!

CN

have tried the following boot commands:

Boot flags are case sensitive - Get them wrong and they have no effect.

ie GraphicsEnabler=no is wrong - It should be GraphicsEnabler=No (or GraphicsEnabler=Yes)

Hello Everyone,

I've been trying to build my Hackintosh for a couple of days now and im having a couple of issues. I followed the directions on Beelzebozo's 9 series build guide to the letter and up to this point been able ot get snow leopard up, which allowed me to make a Yosemite USB boot drive via Unibeast.

I have hit a wall though, at the point of trying to install Yosemite from this drive and while viewing the install with the verbose (-v) command I can see it stall at a couple of places depending on what i change. I'll list my specs and what I have tried to far, I was really hoping someone better equipped could help me along the way!

This is the point at which the install hangs and goes no further:
View attachment 140565

Thanks a lot in advance

Specs:

Mobo: Gigabyte 297x ud3h
CPU: i5 4690k
RAM: Crucial ballistix 16g
HD: samsung evo 250g SSD

While following the main guide on this forum I was able to set the following BIOS settings:

- Optimized defaults: Set
- VT-d: disabled
- CFG-lock: Couldn't locate it in the BIOS
- Secure boot mode: Couldn't locate it in the BIOS

The Unibeast setting i used were the ones suggested on the main guide on this site.

I made sure to use USB 2.0 throughout.

At this point I started doing research and have tried the following boot commands:

None of this worked. I made sure that the BIOS is set to use IGFX and not rely on a GPU (There is not one installed yet!)

Another thread suggested i attempt to remove the bluetooth kexts, which i tried to no avail.

These are the types of message i get during the verbose install:
View attachment 140568View attachment 140567View attachment 140566

Sorry for the potato quality pictures...

Any direction would be appreciated folks. This is starting to give me a headache now..

I'll answer any questions as best as I can, thanks a lot!

CN

Connect monitor with DVI-DVI or HDMI-HDMI cable. Avoid VGA and converted cables.

Try booting with "dart=0 -f -v -x"

Success!

Thanks a lot, I tried a combination of these suggestions and changed to HDMI and got yosemite installed.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back