Contribute
Register

Yosemite & TRIM (Clover)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome thread, thanks to everyone

I was able to successfully activate TRIM on a Crucial M550 SSD. Running a Clover installation of 10.10.3. Added the following to config.plist in the EFI partition, inside the KernelAndKextPatches portion of the plist.

Code:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Trim Enabler</string>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>IOAHCIBlockStorage</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>QVBQTEUgU1NEAA==</data>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>AAAAAAAAAAAAAA==</data>
            </dict>
        </array>

Thanks guys, I'm all TRIMmed up!

1KwrHgN.jpg

FYI, I used values:
Name: IOAHCIBlockStorage
Find: 4150504C452053534400 (QVBQTEUgU1NEAA==)
Replace: 00000000000000000000 (AAAAAAAAAAAAAA==)
Comment: Trim Enabler​

found this article that might explain all the issues with SSD and Yosemite. Its meant for those who have replaced the SSD in their Macs with a third party drive

http://www.zdnet.com/os-x-yosemite-...0035872/?s_cid=e539&ttag=e539&ftag=TRE17cfd61

Based on this "article" (advertisement for OWC), do we still need to worry about trim on a very new SSD and Mac OS 10.11? I just bought the Samsung 850 EVO for upgrading the 2011 CustoMac Mini to 10.11.

Will the internal controller chips on the drive handle wear leveling more effectively than TRIM in the OS? Or is it STILL recommended to enable it?

Based on this "article" (advertisement for OWC), do we still need to worry about trim on a very new SSD and Mac OS 10.11? I just bought the Samsung 850 EVO for upgrading the 2011 CustoMac Mini to 10.11.

Will the internal controller chips on the drive handle wear leveling more effectively than TRIM in the OS? Or is it STILL recommended to enable it?

i have a 850 coming and would like to know this as well.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back