Contribute
Register

Yosemite totally freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SOLVED] Yosemite totally freeze

Ok Guys i've solved the problem... It was my graphics card, it's faulty...
I've discovered the problem thanks to Windows, it became very unstable and photoshop very slow and unusable... This morning, when i've started the pc, i've seen many flashing pixels... i've removed the card... i've booted up yosemite with the integrated Intel.... and now it's running smoothly from about 10 hours... I'm happy but sad

Thanks all guys for the support and suggestions you are the best!

Do the Nvidia Web Drivers actually make things such as Photoshop or gaming faster? Sort of like Windows; does the driver actually make things smoother, or is it just for enabling CUDA support? I have a GTX 760, which seems slower in OS X than Windows, even though it's supported OOB. (on both Mav and Yos).

Problem is, I never got to try it, as using the web driver crashed my system after a few minutes :banghead:

I'm experiencing a random freeze as well. Happened twice today and have never had an issue. I did install a GTX760 about 2 weeks ago and updated to Yosemite about a week ago. I had it freeze once during game play of Civ V and once on my desktop after watching some YouTube. Both times I was on for a couple of hours before the freeze. My CPU and GPU temps looked fine, so I don't assume that's the issue. Under System Preferences, my nVidia drivers say they are up to date. I'll try the fix posted here, but I don't have the 9 series card the fix is intended for.

Edit: Followed the instructions to update to Web Driver and I'm still here. I'll report back with or without crashes.

The system seemed to be functioning as normal, but I had to boot using flag -f to get going today. I've had to restart twice due to crashes after about 15 minutes, both times just watching YouTube. I just Repaired Disk Permissions, but I didn't see anything that might cause this.

I have also updated my BIOS settings to Ignore Integrated Graphics (IGX), moved from Auto to PCI-e graphics, and changed from Auto to PCI-e Gen 3.

I'm at a loss. This seems like a simple issue, but I'm finding no answers to this freezing issue.

The system seemed to be functioning as normal, but I had to boot using flag -f to get going today. I've had to restart twice due to crashes after about 15 minutes, both times just watching YouTube. I just Repaired Disk Permissions, but I didn't see anything that might cause this.

I have also updated my BIOS settings to Ignore Integrated Graphics (IGX), moved from Auto to PCI-e graphics, and changed from Auto to PCI-e Gen 3.

I'm at a loss. This seems like a simple issue, but I'm finding no answers to this freezing issue.

Try adjust BCLK from 100mhz to 99.87mhz or 99.85mhz! I had problem where it hang or force logout while watching youtube but after lowered the BCLK in BIOS without upgrade BIOS, my system to be solid so far (crossing my fingers) heheh Btw, I have the Giga up5-th MB.

I solved my problem by removing the ALC kext (Sound) and ALXEthernet (Network). After that I installed VoodooHDA and AtherosL1cEthernet.kext. No more freezes.

Reducing system clock didn't work. Installing Alldar's fix right now. Looks like I may have been using some older Ethernet controllers. Also didn't have 3rd Party SATA turned on. Thought I used that before.

I had the same issue and had to change the system profile to MAC Pro 3,1 in MB.
You may need a diff profile but you could experiment.

Loaded updated setting in MB and found that someone installed GenericUSBXHCI.kext, so I decided to do that too. I managed to get it to boot without any boot flags this time. I don't have much time to see if video playback will cause it to freeze tonight, but I'll see what I can get in the next 30 minutes or so.

I thought everything was good, as I got to use my computer for about 2 hours last night. And then it froze again. The only upside is that with the fixes I performed, my machine loads perfectly without the boot flags. Now I just need to figure out why it's freezing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back