ATI 6750
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi peeps,

Just a little question. After making the first time machine backup i wanted to install a working Yosemite on my main drive.

Loading the installation of the USB drive, select utilities from the menu bar. The "restore system from Time Machine backup is not in the list.

Where did it go ?

Attachments

• IMG_0835.jpg
    IMG_0835.jpg
    692.7 KB · Views: 323
Do a fresh install and then use Migration Assistant once you get to setup assistant.

In mavericks you could load a installation and completely restore it. Did they simply remove it from Yosemite ?

No they haven't. I was experimenting earlier today with USB bootloaders and when I got to the installer screen the first thing it offered was to restore from my internal TimeMachine backup. I'm not sure what the problem could be. Maybe you're backup is external on a USB3 port? Try USB2.

Hi mate, its a time machine backup on a synology ds112

In a usb2 or usb3 port? If it's a NAS it may not work on a hack until you get to the desktop as the proper drivers aren't being loaded by the bootloader.

I was doing a clean install and got an error on install so now I have a blank boot disk on my machine. I went to restore from backup but there is no time machine. Since I can't install on my machine any ideas how I can restore a time machine backup?

I can confirm that if you boot from the Yosemite (UniBeast) USB that the Time Machine restore is missing from the utility menu...

I used the one on the Mavericks USB all the time :)oops:).

I was doing a clean install and got an error on install so now I have a blank boot disk on my machine. I went to restore from backup but there is no time machine. Since I can't install on my machine any ideas how I can restore a time machine backup?

A Maverick USB install would be your best bet.

I can confirm that if you boot from the Yosemite (UniBeast) USB that the Time Machine restore is missing from the utility menu...

I used the one on the Mavericks USB all the time :)oops:).

A Maverick USB install would be your best bet.

This worked like a charm.

Thanks ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back