Graphics
EVGA GTX 670 4GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a Gigabyte X58A-UD3R with a GeForce 650 running OS X 10.10.1 using the latest version of Multibeast that recently started acting up on me. It will boot up normally, but a few seconds after starting, it will completely lock up. Sometimes, it will happen once everything has loaded on the screen, sometimes just after the desktop wallpaper loads, and sometimes before the wallpaper loads on a white screen with a mouse cursor. Once it freezes, I am unable to move the mouse, and the machine is unresponsive over the network. I thought something weird had happened to my install, so I reinstalled to a fresh drive. The installation worked normally, and everything seemed to be ok for the first couple reboots. Then it started doing this again. The console logs are no help because they don't show any errors and the last process run before the freeze is never the same in the log. Any ideas?

I have a Gigabyte X58A-UD3R with a GeForce 650 running OS X 10.10.1 using the latest version of Multibeast that recently started acting up on me. It will boot up normally, but a few seconds after starting, it will completely lock up. Sometimes, it will happen once everything has loaded on the screen, sometimes just after the desktop wallpaper loads, and sometimes before the wallpaper loads on a white screen with a mouse cursor. Once it freezes, I am unable to move the mouse, and the machine is unresponsive over the network. I thought something weird had happened to my install, so I reinstalled to a fresh drive. The installation worked normally, and everything seemed to be ok for the first couple reboots. Then it started doing this again. The console logs are no help because they don't show any errors and the last process run before the freeze is never the same in the log. Any ideas?

Did you install the 10.9.5 AppleACPIPlatform Rollback from :
Multibeast -> Drivers -> System -> AppleACPIPlatform Rollback

I have almost the exact same problem, except it only happens after the Apple logo on the grey screen. My mouse cursor appears, and I can't move it at all. It is completely frozen at that point, requiring a hard reboot. Most of the time the computer does boot up if I use -v, which is weird, because there are seemingly no errors during boot. I'm on 10.10.

Let me know if you fix this problem. My Hackintosh specs are listed in my profile.

Hi guys. Had The exact same problem with:

Yosemite 10.5
Sabertooth x79
i7 4930k
GT 740 sc

Any of you got over this??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back