Contribute
Register

Yosemite Successful mobos

What motherboard is hassle proof & sleep convenient on Yosemite 10.10?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running an ASRock Z97E-itx/ac and a lot of things work natively. Like for example, after I install Yosemite, I get full 1080p resolution on my dell S2340M, my native ethernet controller works for internet connectivity. The only things that currently don't work are bluetooth, wifi, sounds, imessage, and more that don't come to mind right now. But I believe these are easy to fix. It just so happens that I can't seem to be able to figure it out.

But I picked one of the boards from the 2014 buyer's guide. Thats always a good place to start.

I'm running an ASRock Z97E-itx/ac and a lot of things work natively. Like for example, after I install Yosemite, I get full 1080p resolution on my dell S2340M, my native ethernet controller works for internet connectivity. The only things that currently don't work are bluetooth, wifi, sounds, imessage, and more that don't come to mind right now. But I believe these are easy to fix. It just so happens that I can't seem to be able to figure it out.

But I picked one of the boards from the 2014 buyer's guide. Thats always a good place to start.
I did that bud, thanks for pointing it out though. :)

I have my E3-1231 v3 & Gigabyte G1 Sniper H6 working on Yosemite.
working on dsdt & ssdt, want to get full speedsteps.

I managed to make it work, this is officially solved.

Just have to figure out how to make two displays stick.
Right now only the Dell 27" 1440p works with the nvidia drivers on DVI.
The LG on VGA doesn't want to play nice.

I'll probably buy a DP Cable and pass the DVI on to the LG​.

ASUS Sabertooth X79 TUF Edition is Ok with Yosemite 10.10.1
I used UniBeast and the following bootflags "-v kext-dev-mode=1 PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x2000"
Thanks forum for your precious knowledge! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back