Contribute
Register

Yosemite sleep/wake problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same thing here: GA Z77X UD5H with 10.10.1 now works fine
EXCEPT: long sleeps --> wakeup shows screen (I even can enter few characters for password) than a reset occurs + reboot. Did not see useful indications in syslog. (short sleeps work fine)

No one has a clue? And has fixed this ?
BIOS settings ?
some Clover settings I don't have ?

BR
Hausi

Try different dark wake settings in clover configurator (boot section) darkwake=8 is what did it for me but i played around with all of the settings till that one worked. Could also try removing clock id if its checked in (devices section)

Hi Guys,

I had problem with wake from sleep, i had black screen on wake and all USB disconnected, for me the fix was to add darkwake=0 string at boot settings, hope it will help someone else too!

I was having the same issue with the below system. System would go to sleep for a split second then restart into an eternal dark-screen that required a re-boot. After lots of troubleshooting, it came down to an easy fix..... In your Gigabyte BIOS (Version F7 for me), make the following changes:

Peripherals; Intel Rapid Start Technology = Disabled
Power Management; Wake on Lan = Disabled <---This was the key for me!

Effected System that would not Sleep in Yosemite:
OSX10.10.1
Multibest 7.1.1

• Intel i7-4770K processor - 3.5GHz
  • Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-3DH mATX
  • 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical low profile DDR3 1600MHz memory - 2x8GB
  • Cooler Master Seidon 120M liquid CPU cooler
  • Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD
  • EVGA GTX 650Ti BOOST 2GB
  • Silverstone Strider 650W PSU
  • Silverstone SOD02 8x Slot-load DVD +/-R DVD
  • Silverstone Tek FT03 Aluminum

Hope it helps you!

Hi Guys,

I had problem with wake from sleep, i had black screen on wake and all USB disconnected, for me the fix was to add darkwake=0 string at boot settings, hope it will help someone else too!

i got my setup with a ga-z77x-ud5h
fresh install yosemite 10.10 (plus 10.10.1 combo update)
clover uefi

EVGA gtx970 acx 2.0 4GB
Corsair Force GS SSD
8GB Kingston RAM
it-3770K @4.3GHz Turbo (BLCK 102,5 MhZ)

sleep/wake works for me with 2 problems which i haven't had on 10.10.1 wich Chimera!

1.WoL (which is WAY more important to me)
Wake on LAN does not work any longer (guess because on shutdown the machine completely turns off the 2 ETH ports -> on 10.10.1 Chimera i saw them blinking even when the machine was shut down!!)
i will try to solve this with adding darkwake=0 ... maybe it will work
it worked well on chimera with yose 10.10.1

2. Sleep / Wake
the system goes to sleep after about 8-15 sec. and stays asleep
i can wake it when pressing a key on the keyboard (original apple alu keyboard connected to one of the red USB2.0 ports on the back)
the machine turns on but screen stays dark
no mouse / no keyboard recognized
i thou could connect to the HackOS via VNC (i always enable this first on a fresh install!! ;-) luckily in this case i guess haha)

so i saw both screens available via VNC!!

i just reconnected the apple keyboard (mouse goes through the right usb on the alu keyboard) and tada ... keyboard was back there ....

i've got a ga-z97x gaming3 and after wake up the sound doesn't work anymore - this i solved with sleepwatcher and a kextreload script. but ethernet seems also hanging after wake up - this take 1 to 30 seconds to respond again. sometimes when the ethernet respond take to long, my second ssd (user folder) unmounts and so system crashes completely...

Having the same issues with GA-Z77X-UP5-TH. WIll try the WoL fix and report back.

KMH

Having the same issues with GA-Z77X-UP5-TH. WIll try the WoL fix and report back.

KMH

which bios/uefi version do you use??

i found out that the 2 NICs switch off whilst on version modF16
when i jump back to F14 the 2 NICs stay "alert" and still have a link to the router (even if the PC is turned off completely)

the downside when i jump back to F14 ... no more drives are recognized x((
i have 2 SSDs and 3 HDDs and none of them is "seen" by the BIOS back on F14.... i will try F15 from GAs website...

now i use sleepwatcher additionally to disable en0 on sleep and enable en0 on wake - this seems to fix the network wake delay, but not the unmount issue.

I'm not using Yosemite anymore (Mavericks only) but I had wake up problems with Mavericks too when Hibernate Mode was selected in MultiBeast configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back