Contribute
Register

Yosemite re-install; worked the first time, not now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD5-B3
CPU
Intel Core i7-2600k
Graphics
XFX Radeon 6870
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all, been running one of tonymacx's builds for a long time now, put it together for music and visual work, and it hasn't missed a beat in all the time I've had it. A couple of years ago I decided to fit a hot swap tray and install Yosemite on another hard drive so I could swap between that and SL. Yosemite went on absolutely fine and worked perfectly, but recently I had a problem with a bad stick of memory, and I was having some issues with plugins and so on so I decided to do a fresh install of Yosemite. And I think I've used up all my previous good luck, because I can't get it to install this time!

I've downloaded Yosemite from the App Store and made the USB up with Unibeast, actually three of them. All the BIOS settings are as recommended, but I keep getting this onscreen whenever I try to install.

YOSEMITE.jpg

I've tried installing to a blank HD, tried cloning my existing SL hard drive and installing as an update, removing all but one stick of memory, disconnecting all external peripherals, no joy. My SL hard drive is still running perfectly and nothing's changed, all of the hardware and BIOS settings are exactly as they were when I did the first install (except I'm currently down to 8gb of memory till I can get some ordered in January) so I can only assume I'm stupidly missing something obvious! Either that, or I've connected up something I shouldn't have. I've been right through the boards and still can't suss this out, so any help would be most gratefully received. Thanks. ;)

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD5-B3
CPU - Core i7-2600k
RAM - Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB
HDD - 1 TB sata
Graphics - XFX Radeon 6870

Last edited:
@EddieG, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

@BreBo Sorry about that, duly updated. ;)

Anybody at all help me with this?

This is still unresolved, been using SL since this happened, but I need to get the Yosemite drive up and running now. Can anybody help me at all?

This is still unresolved, been using SL since this happened, but I need to get the Yosemite drive up and running now. Can anybody help me at all?

Are you using clover or Chimera?

Are you using clover or Chimera?

I've been using this guide, which was what I used to install Yosemite and have it running great in the first place.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...emite-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.143976/

As I said before, I've actually had it working on exactly the same hardware, with exactly the same hard drive etc so why it now won't install is a complete mystery, and I can only think that I've connected something differently (which I'm fairly sure I haven't), or that some BIOS setting or something needs to be changed. And since I'm really not too knowledgeable beyond following the fine work on these boards, reading what's on that screen cap is completely beyond me! ;)

I've been using this guide, which was what I used to install Yosemite and have it running great in the first place.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...emite-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.143976/

As I said before, I've actually had it working on exactly the same hardware, with exactly the same hard drive etc so why it now won't install is a complete mystery, and I can only think that I've connected something differently (which I'm fairly sure I haven't), or that some BIOS setting or something needs to be changed. And since I'm really not too knowledgeable beyond following the fine work on these boards, reading what's on that screen cap is completely beyond me! ;)

At the boot screen try using cursor arrows to go to options tab. Hit enter then go to binaries and hit enter. Go to fake ID 0x0000000, hit enter once then backspace to remove 00000, then add 206A0. It should look like this 0x0206A0 then hit enter again and scroll to the bottom hit return then try booting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back