Asus Z170 deluxe
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
RX 6600
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yosemite install stuck on my core2duo

...and I get black screen and CMOS reset when I try to boot the unibeast flashdrive. Please, help!.

OK, got it to install with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and PCIRootUID=1, but on rebooting the Hard drive the progress bar gets stuck at about 50%. What's happening?.

Whatever it was, I finally got it to work with a clean install. After several installs over the older version, it was time! ;)

After having many problems booting (I had to introduce manually the same two flags many times) I discovered that -f solved booting problems. After disabling kernel cache, the computer boots normally. What could be causing this problem?.

After having many problems booting (I had to introduce manually the same two flags many times) I discovered that -f solved booting problems. After disabling kernel cache, the computer boots normally. What could be causing this problem?.

It may be caused by the AppleHPET.kext.
Try deleting it and see if it helps but Save a copy first in case you need to restore it.

Nope, was not that.

If you must use -f to force rebuild of caches every time you boot there is a kext file that is causing problems. Have you looked at your boot log in the console to see what is going on?
Try booting with -v boot-arg and see where the boot process hangs when booting with use kernel cache = yes

Picture:

Attachments

• IMG_20151013_164738.jpg
    IMG_20151013_164738.jpg
    925.9 KB · Views: 61
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back