Contribute
Register

Yosemite on HP Pavilion G6 notebook

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed OS X Yosemite succesfully. But is there a kext for Ralink 539b wifi?

I used a Live CD to boot the laptop, and check the network cards. The Live CD says Ralink 539b. But MultiBeast doesn't have Ralink drivers.

I used a Live CD to boot the laptop, and check the network cards. The Live CD says Ralink 539b. But MultiBeast doesn't have Ralink drivers.

Actually, Multibeast has no drivers for WiFi at all.

Read post #22.

Oh ok. But there is nothing covered in that topic about Ralink wifi.

Oh, I have to check what my network card is, and than I can make it working via the guide?

Oh, I have to check what my network card is, and than I can make it working via the guide?

You already know what your WiFi card is. And you know it is not supported.

Your only option is to replace it or use USB WiFi.

Use cpus=1

Install KernelPatcher module from Chameleon Wizard to boot without cpus=1.

Thank You Soooooo Much been trying to do this for days :) It was quite scary to find this as it was my first time hackintoshing.

Hello,

I am trying to install OS X Yosemite on my HP Pavilion g6 notebook, but the laptop doesn't boot from the USB. When I press F9, I don't get the screen where I can choose the boot device. Not in Legacy Mode and not in UEFI Mode. The USB does work on my Dell Vostro 1510 laptop, but that laptop doesn't have UEFI.

Just out of curiosity (and to know if this post is the answer to my problems :p)
Whats your exact model? Pavilion G6-2055sb notebook-pc by any chance? :p
If you are unsure you could click on the main support page on the orange button to identify your exact model -> http://support.hp.com/nl-nl (its in dutch but don't worry, there's only 1 orange button :p

Thanks in advance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back