Intel HD Graphics 4600 1600*900
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Yosemite on Hp haswell laptops

I've got an hp envy 17t laptop, with windows 8.1 installed only.
i want to dualboot yosemite on the laptop, but i couldnt find a step by step guide for hp envy(s)

i want to dualboot yosemite on the laptop, but i couldnt find a step by step guide for hp envy(s)

Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

thanks for the quick reply. i have updated my specs

You need to patch the kernel: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-locked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq.html

Or you can use Clover, which has my patch built-in to the KernelPm option.

For using Clover, I suggest you read here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi.html. Filter appropriately as some information is HP ProBook specific (omit HPFanReset.efi, most of the stuff in the ProBook Installer, for example).

My DSDT patches may be applicable to your system: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-Envy-DSDT-Patch

when i try to enter clover its says selected boot image did not authenticate

its turned off by default

Yes you were right. So, I created the double partitioned usb with clover and os x installer, pressed f9 but then there were two options from efi file or from uefi (name of my usb) i went with the uefi one , it took me to a nice shiny clover bootloader, and i load os x installer. i installed and after the restart when i went throuth the same prosedure again, a blank screen. i know u said the one method may lead to blank screen, but i did bypass the steps where i had to boot>clover> something.

Yes you were right. So, I created the double partitioned usb with clover and os x installer, pressed f9 but then there were two options from efi file or from uefi (name of my usb) i went with the uefi one , it took me to a nice shiny clover bootloader, and i load os x installer. i installed and after the restart when i went throuth the same prosedure again, a blank screen. i know u said the one method may lead to blank screen, but i did bypass the steps where i had to boot>clover> something.

Boot verbose to troubleshoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back