Contribute
Register

Yosemite on GA-Z77N wifi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually considering to stay on Mavericks as for now. It looks to me like there is in general more problem with this update than the previous ones, and I don't know if the updates considering new functions are worth the headache.

I got an old hdd lying around somewhere tho, maybe I will look for it and give it a try on it instead..

I'm actually considering to stay on Mavericks as for now. It looks to me like there is in general more problem with this update than the previous ones, and I don't know if the updates considering new functions are worth the headache.

I got an old hdd lying around somewhere tho, maybe I will look for it and give it a try on it instead..

before you try the OS X Yosemite, i would recommend you using time machine make a backup first

I just restored my real mac + thunderbolt display from 10.10 to 10.9 using time machine yesterday

In Marvericks 10.9 the font blurry issue does not exist

In Yosemite 10.10 even I have zoom in the PDF in Preview, the text is still blurry, I think the apple development team only equipped with retina display, they so far still not notice the problem on non-retina display

Had no chance at all testing any Sleep Mode.

Installed Yosemite with Unibeast over my existing Mavericks, but after running Multibeast I got a Black Screen after booting up. Seems to be also after installing latest nVidia drivers (and even switch to OS X default driver)

Have the GA-Z77N with i3 3225 and GTX 650 (with NVAudio-1.0.dmg for HDMI Audio output as onboard is not working anymore after installing dedicated GPU)

With that config, no problems in Mavericks.

EDIT:
installed it on an external HDD and got it working with Multibeast, also compared my running Yosemite org.chameleon.boot.plist with my working Mavericks one (NVAudio-1.0.dmg for HDMI Audio output also working in Yosemite)

What I'm going to do now:
  • Backup my Mavericks Partition -> DONE
  • Delete TrimEnabler and nVidia Drivers -> DONE
  • copying my org.chameleon.boot.plist from Yosemite to Mavericks -> DONE (still booting fine)

• Updating to Yosemite via Unibeast
  • run latest Multibeast
  • install NVAudio for HDMI Sound

worked fine the first time, after installing the latest updates (iPhoto, Safari) through the AppStore -> Black Screen on boot

Went back to Mavericks!

how to solve laggy usb ports on yosemite?
anything else is fine.
running mav without any probs.. really strange :(

i7 3770T, z77n wifi, 16gb
booted with clover, dsdt & ssdt

I've been having issues with the audio out (Not HDMI). I have to keep re-installing the audio drivers because each time i reboot the machine the audio stops working. Does anyone have a fix for this? Other than that I haven't stumbled across any other issues.

solved that !!

Hi Guys, you can test this package, I just finished the installation on the GA-Z77N-WiFi yesterday.

http://www.share-online.biz/dl/F6V2N9EN11Z

Working:

- Dual Monitor Gfx with QE/CI
- ALC892 Audio
- USB 3.0
- Atheros 9285 WLAN

- Issues:

- Very low Xbench GUI speed
- Standby mode not tested
- original WLAN card not supported
- HDMI and Digital audio output not tested (I don't need it)

The archive contains some infos, the HD4000 property string list and a small tool called 'cDock'. I'm using it to bring back the 3D dock.

Last problem: The GUI Speed in Xbench is just about 59, while on Snow Lopard it's 550 without any graphics drivers. But that doesn't mean that Yosemite runs in Slow Motion. Audio: You have to set the audio output to 'Internal Speakers'.

Greets, naquaada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back