Status
Not open for further replies.
add it to the MaciASL patch sources in the preference setting

MaciASL Patch Repository Thread
http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/89727-maciasl-patch-repository-thread.html

Repository Index
http://sourceforge.net/p/maciasl/wiki/Repository Index/

I did new DSDT from ACPI.
I then patched it with my motherboard from the Repo.
I then compiled it
Saved it as DSDT.aml and put that file in /Extra
Rebooted of course

Is that the correct way?
Looks like it as I now can use USB2 devices on a USB3 port. And it even works after sleep/wake

Thanks for your help

I did new DSDT from ACPI.
I then patched it with my motherboard from the Repo.
I then compiled it
Saved it as DSDT.aml and put that file in /Extra
Rebooted of course

Is that the correct way?
Looks like it as I now can use USB2 devices on a USB3 port. And it even works after sleep/wake

Thanks for your help

yes, without it I cannot use usb 2.0 devices on usb 3.0 port (running on OS X 10.9.X)

Oh I'm sorry to here that. I'm currently waiting too see if it goes well for others haha.. I guess i'm a little scared for destroying my currently working hackintosh. Running Mavericks as for now :)

If you haven't switched to OS X 10.10, I would recommended don't upgrade to 10.10 right now until apple solved the problem

os x yosemite blurry text
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6602718

I would say the blurry text problem is not acceptable

"This font rendering looks cute when you look at the desktop menus, buttons and paragraphs as a whole picture but causes eye pain for text reading."

I would go back to 10.9 because I cannot read the text more than 5 minutes!

If you haven't switched to OS X 10.10, I would recommended don't upgrade to 10.10 right now until apple solved the problem

os x yosemite blurry text
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6602718

I would say the blurry text problem is not acceptable

"This font rendering looks cute when you look at the desktop menus, buttons and paragraphs as a whole picture but causes eye pain for text reading."

I would go back to 10.9 because I cannot read the text more than 5 minutes!

thank you for the tip. That sure doesn't look good.

From one thing to another, have you got continuity and hand off working with the built in bluetooth?

thank you for the tip. That sure doesn't look good.

From one thing to another, have you got continuity and hand off working with the built in bluetooth?

no problem, I am using netgear 521 BT 4.0 adapter with Apple kb, trackpad, Sony BT handfree (on 10.9, no ideas on 10.10, should be fine I guess, my real Mac is running on 10.10)

don't use CSR chipset BT adaptor

(99% complete success on Chimera.... 0% Success on Clover can't get past white clover boot loader screen !!!! :( :( /headslam)

(Maybe we can start a Clover support thread PLZ!!!! :) as a group). It's lacking tutorials and helpful posts. Every build is a one off and even after a day of reading I got nowhere. :(

I have everything running and it's fantastic (minus NVRAM/iMessage issue which there is no fix for currently). Video is out from bottom HDMI port and running audio. Nvidia 660ti is in there for casual gaming and additional power when needed. Sleep is running perfect (goes to sleep wakes on mouse click then movement)

Current build:

16gb Ram
Samsung SSD
intel 4000hd (running HDMI audio and video out)
nvidia 660ti in pcie doing the work (hopefully) lol

Fresh install of Yosemite:

1. Downloaded full image of Yosemite
2. Used Unibeast to install

3. Booted with unibeast usb
4. Install looked like: (1/2 of this was put in by multi beast when adding my dsdt)
DSDT.AML
ALC892
Optional Intel 4000 HDMI
3rd Party SATA
Trim Enabler
FakeSMC
USB 3.0 Univeral
Chimera 4.0

Basic boot options
Cpu States
Hibernate Desktop
Kext Dev Mode
Use Kernel Cache
Mac Pro 3,1
i7 Sand Bridge (SSDT)
(theme)

(inside my extras folder)
AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA.kext
FakeSMC.kext
GenericUSBXHCI.kext
RealtekRTL81xx.kext

At this point I have everything up and running beautifully. I used the Universal 3.0 but then went to the official page and grabbed the version on there and installed with kext wizard. Rebooted and now 2.0 drives are seen and working on 3.0 and 2.0 usb. Still need to test 3.0 speeds but for someone reason this is what worked on my Mavericks build (no idea how or why!). With the stock Yosemite usb drivers I was getting zero usb 2.0 mounting in 3.0 ports.

(99% complete success on Chimera.... 0% Success on Clover can't get past white clover boot loader screen !!!! :( :( /headslam)

(Maybe we can start a Clover support thread PLZ!!!! :) as a group). It's lacking tutorials and helpful posts. Every build is a one off and even after a day of reading I got nowhere. :(

I have everything running and it's fantastic (minus NVRAM/iMessage issue which there is no fix for currently). Video is out from bottom HDMI port and running audio. Nvidia 660ti is in there for casual gaming and additional power when needed. Sleep is running perfect (goes to sleep wakes on mouse click then movement)

Current build:

16gb Ram
Samsung SSD
intel 4000hd (running HDMI audio and video out)
nvidia 660ti in pcie doing the work (hopefully) lol

Fresh install of Yosemite:

1. Downloaded full image of Yosemite
2. Used Unibeast to install

3. Booted with unibeast usb
4. Install looked like: (1/2 of this was put in by multi beast when adding my dsdt)
DSDT.AML
ALC892
Optional Intel 4000 HDMI
3rd Party SATA
Trim Enabler
FakeSMC
USB 3.0 Univeral
Chimera 4.0

Basic boot options
Cpu States
Hibernate Desktop
Kext Dev Mode
Use Kernel Cache
Mac Pro 3,1
i7 Sand Bridge (SSDT)
(theme)

(inside my extras folder)
AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA.kext
FakeSMC.kext
GenericUSBXHCI.kext
RealtekRTL81xx.kext

At this point I have everything up and running beautifully. I used the Universal 3.0 but then went to the official page and grabbed the version on there and installed with kext wizard. Rebooted and now 2.0 drives are seen and working on 3.0 and 2.0 usb. Still need to test 3.0 speeds but for someone reason this is what worked on my Mavericks build (no idea how or why!). With the stock Yosemite usb drivers I was getting zero usb 2.0 mounting in 3.0 ports.

USB issue, read this thread, start from post #12

NO need to Install USB 3.0 driver for Intel 7, 8, 9 Chipset, it make the things worse

Alright... (Chamelon Success / Clover almost full success / USB 2.0 3.0 Issue after patch attempt) :(

So after using Tony's guide I have attempted and succeeded at installing Clover. (*80% there) I followed Tony's guide to a T so if anyone is worried about success or failure, so far so good.

Only issue on installation I had was finding the right combination of boot item / order in bios list to get Clover to show up. The one that worked showed a boot1: /6 then black screen for 15-20 seconds and then clover showed up. Install process was SLOW for me. Used 2.0 drive which was lightning fast when doing Chameleon install. This one took a while to load from OSX boot progress bar screen to install screen.

System:
Ga-77n-WIFI (f2 bios?)
16GB Ram
Samsung ssd 120
Intel 4000
Nvidia 660ti
Rocketfish Bluetooth

Here is what I found so far

Kexts used on EFI:
FakeSMC
Realtek ethernet
NullCPU

System sleeps, boots fast and am able to use USB 2.0 stock (2.0 usb in 3.0 port not found)

I attmpted to use MACIASL and the depository link by doing the following:
1. Added Depo to MacIASL
2. Opened my DSDT
3. I went to USB Multiplex fix for 77n (found in depository section)
4. Clicked apply
5. Closed Software

Rebooted

Upon Reboot I found that my mouse and keyboard (usb 2.0 combo on 2.0 port) was now not working like before (keyboard worked but mouse was frozen stuck in top corner). Unplugging and plugging back in fixed the issue but was replicated 3 reboots in a row to confirm. Without using that fix, mouse keyboard work perfect. Did I do something wrong???

My only other things that need to be fixed but don't know how: (these were all working with multi beast)

1. No audio: Using onboard ALC892 don't know how to get that working under clover boot loader / config (*always used multibeast)

2. Audio HDMI injection (intel): I want to patch to be able to also use intel 4000 hdmi audio as well (will be portable HTPC) (*used multi beast patch)

3. Need to install my Nvidia 660TI back into the system and get it recognized and doing the GPU work, but still maintaing Intel Video/HDMI out and it not disrupting my boot loader.

If anyone is working on this as well I would be glad to share DSDT.

Hope this helps :)

Alright... (Chamelon Success / Clover almost full success / USB 2.0 3.0 Issue after patch attempt) :(

So after using Tony's guide I have attempted and succeeded at installing Clover. (*80% there) I followed Tony's guide to a T so if anyone is worried about success or failure, so far so good.

Only issue on installation I had was finding the right combination of boot item / order in bios list to get Clover to show up. The one that worked showed a boot1: /6 then black screen for 15-20 seconds and then clover showed up. Install process was SLOW for me. Used 2.0 drive which was lightning fast when doing Chameleon install. This one took a while to load from OSX boot progress bar screen to install screen.

System:
Ga-77n-WIFI (f2 bios?)
16GB Ram
Samsung ssd 120
Intel 4000
Nvidia 660ti
Rocketfish Bluetooth

Here is what I found so far

Kexts used on EFI:
FakeSMC
Realtek ethernet
NullCPU

System sleeps, boots fast and am able to use USB 2.0 stock (2.0 usb in 3.0 port not found)

I attmpted to use MACIASL and the depository link by doing the following:
1. Added Depo to MacIASL
2. Opened my DSDT
3. I went to USB Multiplex fix for 77n (found in depository section)
4. Clicked apply
5. Closed Software

Rebooted

Upon Reboot I found that my mouse and keyboard (usb 2.0 combo on 2.0 port) was now not working like before (keyboard worked but mouse was frozen stuck in top corner). Unplugging and plugging back in fixed the issue but was replicated 3 reboots in a row to confirm. Without using that fix, mouse keyboard work perfect. Did I do something wrong???

My only other things that need to be fixed but don't know how: (these were all working with multi beast)

1. No audio: Using onboard ALC892 don't know how to get that working under clover boot loader / config (*always used multibeast)

2. Audio HDMI injection (intel): I want to patch to be able to also use intel 4000 hdmi audio as well (will be portable HTPC) (*used multi beast patch)

3. Need to install my Nvidia 660TI back into the system and get it recognized and doing the GPU work, but still maintaing Intel Video/HDMI out and it not disrupting my boot loader.

If anyone is working on this as well I would be glad to share DSDT.

Hope this helps :)

audio
https://github.com/toleda/audio_ALCInjection

or use Multibeast to install the ALC892 driver should be fine

where did you put your patched DSDT file (dsdt.aml) in clover ?

100% Success with GA-77n-WIFI for me :) !

I wanted to post over here and let you guys now I got everything up and running perfectly :) (USB, Sleep, Audio, HDMI Audio, Graphics card....)

I used Yosemite injector by toleda, cleaned up my dsdt, added hdmi fix to it and usb fix. All is well now.

I posted a thread in the Alternative boot loader thread giving the steps of what I did as it might help others with this gold build board.

feel free to check it out. :) (PS tried to change name to 100% but couldn't change thread title)

http://www.tonymacx86.com/alternate...-ga-77n-wifi-couple-questions.html#post895979

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back