Contribute
Register

Yosemite on GA-Z77N wifi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I'd chime in with my recent successful upgrade, z77n-wifi with F2 bios and geforce 660Ti. After following the available upgrade instructions, I had a boot freezing yosemite install at my hands, booting with -x npci=0x3000 cpus=1 got me in the os, but with what seemed a refresh rate bug, every time the screen was redrawn, it would flicker with a white scanline.

checked where the hangup was happening with verbose boot. Turns out GeforceSensors was caught in some loop, not able to find my gfx sensors. So the obvious culprit seemed to be the fakeSMC plugins in multibeast. Removed those and installed alc892 audio from mavericks multibeast 6.1 and everythings working again(gotta choose the right audio output from settings, seems it got reset at some point).

A thing that still drives me nuts, thinking its a hardware error or something, is the lack of contrast in the yosemite ui elements. Everything looks bleached. Had to actually change my wallpaper to something darker in order to be able to read the text on desktop icons, and in general the UI seems like a strain on the eyes. Anyone else experiencing this?

Thought I'd chime in with my recent successful upgrade, z77n-wifi with F2 bios and geforce 660Ti. After following the available upgrade instructions, I had a boot freezing yosemite install at my hands, booting with -x npci=0x3000 cpus=1 got me in the os, but with what seemed a refresh rate bug, every time the screen was redrawn, it would flicker with a white scanline.

checked where the hangup was happening with verbose boot. Turns out GeforceSensors was caught in some loop, not able to find my gfx sensors. So the obvious culprit seemed to be the fakeSMC plugins in multibeast. Removed those and installed alc892 audio from mavericks multibeast 6.1 and everythings working again(gotta choose the right audio output from settings, seems it got reset at some point).

A thing that still drives me nuts, thinking its a hardware error or something, is the lack of contrast in the yosemite ui elements. Everything looks bleached. Had to actually change my wallpaper to something darker in order to be able to read the text on desktop icons, and in general the UI seems like a strain on the eyes. Anyone else experiencing this?

you are not the only one complain strain on the eyes with Yosemite, go back to 10.9.

see the ibook on preview with 27" thunderbolt display, the text is already very big, not sharp at all

in OSX 10.9, everything is normal

screen capture (OSX 10.10 preview)
Screen Shot 2014-11-23 at 10.16.47 PM.png

Had no chance at all testing any Sleep Mode.

Installed Yosemite with Unibeast over my existing Mavericks, but after running Multibeast I got a Black Screen after booting up. Seems to be also after installing latest nVidia drivers (and even switch to OS X default driver)

Finally got Yosemite to work but had to do a complete fresh install (USB Stick with latest Unibeast, post-install with latest Multibeast)

Everything seems to work fine, did not test iMessage or FaceTime (had no use for it)

Sound works through onboard and HDMI.

Will do further tests.

I installed Yosemite and got it running without any problems except one on my GA-Z77N WIFI. I updated my bios on the mb and just tried a fresh install on a new hard drive. When I clock it up and run a torture test my temperatures slowly climb and my fans don't speed up like they did before with ML. I have tried reinstalling FakeSMC and the plugin but nothing is working.

Anymore else having problems with fans not ramping up when temperature climbs?

I can boot into WIN7 and clock up and adjust fans and everything runs great but in Yosemite my CPU fan seem to just stay put at 905 rpm all the time.

Nobody else having fan issues with this board and Yosemite?

audio
https://github.com/toleda/audio_ALCInjection

or use Multibeast to install the ALC892 driver should be fine

where did you put your patched DSDT file (dsdt.aml) in clover ?

So this may be easy but my audio device isn't even listed in the sound preferences. I ram multibeast several times but it hasn't helped. Not sure about manually adding in the code. Same board the only thing I was having trouble with was there was a hissing sound when I first upgraded so reading some of the troubleshooting guides it was mentioned to run one of the generic drivers but that's when I lost the whole device. Any suggestions?
can someone provide me with the string?

I was able to get everything working pretty easily with the exception of audio.

This particular build used onboard HD graphics (i5 IVY), no dedicated GPU.

After running Multibeast Yosemite version, and getting all but the audio working, I ran Multibeast Mavericks Edition 6.5.1 and installed ONLY the ALC892 driver. Restarted and audio works perfectly.

Took the step yesterday and installed Yosemite on an old HDD. Works fine except USB 3.0. Going to try the things listed earlier in the thread and see if it helps. No iMessage either of course, and haven't tried hdmi audio either.

One strange thing is that upon booting, I first get this screen which i think is normal:
Boot screen 1.jpg

But after that this comes up:
Boot screen 2.jpg

After some seconds the desktop shows and everything (except the things mentioned earlier) works perfect. The last image started to show after I changed the resolution of the Chimera boot screen. I did that in the 'org.chameleon.Boot.plist' located in /Extra with the following code:
Code:
[COLOR=#000000]<key>Graphics Mode</key>[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]<string>1920x1200x32</string>[/COLOR]

Anybody that knows a solution to this?

Took the step yesterday and installed Yosemite on an old HDD. Works fine except USB 3.0. Going to try the things listed earlier in the thread and see if it helps. No iMessage either of course, and haven't tried hdmi audio either.

One strange thing is that upon booting, I first get this screen which i think is normal:

But after that this comes up:

After some seconds the desktop shows and everything (except the things mentioned earlier) works perfect. The last image started to show after I changed the resolution of the Chimera boot screen. I did that in the 'org.chameleon.Boot.plist' located in /Extra with the following code:
Code:
[COLOR=#000000]<key>Graphics Mode</key>[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]<string>1920x1200x32</string>[/COLOR]

Anybody that knows a solution to this?

This may be help you : http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/145308-fix-resolve-boot-screen-garble.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back