Contribute
Register

Yosemite On Dell Precision T5600 workstation ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell - Intel C600 series
CPU
Dual Xeons E5-2690 (8 Cores)
Graphics
AMD FirePro W7000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi to all, anyone has installed yosemite on a Dell Precision Workstation T5600 ? I want to install OS X in this beast, any help will be welcome .. and if we succeed in installing on my machine I will give some money to this fantastic project, not much but 100 USD is all I have.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Since we're not telepathic, we need to know your T5600's system components. See the tonymacx86 Forum Rules & Policies on signature block components.

Additionally, please provide complete details in your Profile.

Mobo: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)

See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name.

By doing completing your Profile and signature block, you help us help you better. :thumbup:

Hi Thanks for your input, and sorry for not put that info in my post, here is:

-Processors : Dual Xeon E5 2690 8 core - LGA 2011 socket
-32GB de RAM ECC
-Graphics Card: AMD FirePro W7000
-Chipset Intel® C600 series
-Intel Storage Control Unit (SCU) SATA 3.0Gb/s controller with host based RAID 0, 1, 5, 10.
-Dual AHCI 6Gb/s SATA port option
-Intel 82579 Gigabit Ethernet controller with Remote Wake UP, PXE and Jumbo frames support

For more info see the Attachment file

Thanks for your time :)

Attachments

• Dell_Precision_T5600_Spec_Sheet.pdf
    597.4 KB · Views: 241
Nobody can help me ?

I don't think that's hardware anybody is familiar with. You and/or Dell have not listed a third-party motherboard (e.g. an Asus or Gigabyte model or whatever) -- maybe that's because Dell makes the board themselves? So someone might have to have that exact model of machine to have any experience with it.

At any rate, I don't see any reports of success with it. One report that OS X didn't see disk drives. You would want to make sure they're not using RAID for the moment.

I think your only option is to try it and see if you get lucky.

The FirePro W7000 is also not on the list of compatible AMD cards, so you might do better to put a cheap compatible Nvidia card in there for purposes of getting it running (e.g. a GeForce 740 or lesser).

I'm currently testing Yosemite on Dell Precision T3610
XEON E5 1620V2 Ivy Bridge
AMD FIREPRO W7000
16gb 1866 ECC RAM

Still a few kinks to sort out but graphics working.
My card is retail amd , oem cards device ids may differ
Card works is Yosemite,will probably be listed as 7600 series but you'll have full use
you'll need to modify connectors to enable all 4 display ports

I think someone on here has a build with t1700 / t3600 .read up on that.
clover boot flags for my set up > npci=0x3000 or npci=0x2000 , cpus=1 , dart=0
you may need some or all

Hello, I am looking for information for installing MacOs on a Dell Precision T5600 Workstation. I have not found anything yet and I was wondering if there is anyone around here with experience in these towers. Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back