Contribute
Register

Yosemite on Asus Vivobook X202E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it looks like I have found a temporary solution for now that doesn't appear to affect any other functions besides the touch screen response.

I simply renamed the IOHIDFamily.Kext to IOHIDFamily.Kext.Bak changing the file extension, and everything appears to be working just fine, and no more touch screen. I'm guessing however that this could cause other problems for other devices, but so far nothing except disabling the touch screen.

It probably breaks any USB HID device. Such as a mouse or keyboard.

Yeah you were correct, it was a temporary solution, but it did eventually break all my HID devices and I had to use my windows 8 partition and recovery to reinstall the kext driver.

Another more effective solution I have found is using the TouchBase Software, I should have looked into it sooner.

UPDATE: 01/17/15 I just wanted to add that so far the UPDD Console from Touch-Base has been working fantastically for my initial concerns. It is much easier by far than trying to compile the Disabler.Kext. It also provides a lot better functionality of the touch screen, and making the transition from touch-screen to non-touch-screen as simple as clicking a button. Overall very satisfied with this solution, and I hope it is able to help others.

Last edited:
Yeah you were correct, it was a temporary solution, but it did eventually break all my HID devices and I had to use my windows 8 partition and recovery to reinstall the kext driver.

Another more effective solution I have found is using the TouchBase Software, I should have looked into it sooner.

UPDATE: 01/17/15 I just wanted to add that so far the UPDD Console from Touch-Base has been working fantastically for my initial concerns. It is much easier by far than trying to compile the Disabler.Kext. It also provides a lot better functionality of the touch screen, and making the transition from touch-screen to non-touch-screen as simple as clicking a button. Overall very satisfied with this solution, and I hope it is able to help others.

Hi jmat2240 thank you for figuring out how to disable touch screen on our device, you are awesome! Now I have update my Mavericks to Yosemite but after the installation I've lost my battery indicator, audio, and I also notice that the translucent of menu bar is not working. Can tell me what kexts did you use to have them working?

So I just need to replace my VoodoooBattery.kext with Rehabman's ACPIBatteryManager.kext. Thanks for all the help men! :)

Ok I will try to replace my DSDT with yours. But I have a question first, on Mavs 10.9.5 I use VoodooBattery and Rehabman's patch for DSDT. So do I have to remove VoodooBattery.kext?

You should never use a DSDT from another computer. Always patch your own native DSDT.

There is less bugs in ACPIBatteryManager.kext as compared to VoodooBattery.kext...

You should never use a DSDT from another computer. Always patch your own native DSDT.

There is less bugs in ACPIBatteryManager.kext as compared to VoodooBattery.kext...

Whoo! Thanks for the warn Rehabman, I will now patch my own DSDT now, though I might use jmat2240 DSDT as reference

Whoo! Thanks for the warn Rehabman, I will now patch my own DSDT now, though I might use jmat2240 DSDT as reference

Yes, using diffmerge to see which patches you might need is a good idea...

Ok I got another question, Where can I find or open the EFI folder here on Yosemite? Because on Mavs use EFI Tools Clover EN to open my EFI to change my DSDT.

EDIT: Nevermind it's ok now,hehe

Ok I got another question, Where can I find or open the EFI folder here on Yosemite? Because on Mavs use EFI Tools Clover EN to open my EFI to change my DSDT.
You can use Clover Configurator or use this in terminal:
Code:
- Open terminal
- diskutil list (take note of the EFI partion, normally /dev/disk0s1 
- mkdir /Volumes/EFI1
- sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back