Contribute
Register

Yosemite on Asus P8Z68-V Gen3 (non pro model). I can't get it to work properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z97M Gaming
CPU
i7 4790K
Graphics
GTX960
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[SOLVED]Yosemite on Asus P8Z68-V Gen3 (non pro model). I can't get it to work properly. [SOLVED]

Hi

Asus P8Z68-V Gen3 (non pro)
Intel i7-2600k
8Gb RAM
Gigabyte GTX 550 Ti
Kingston 256Gb SSD

Installation method: Unibeast 5.1.0

I can't find any information about Yosemite being installed successfully on my motherboard, ML and Maverics seem to be OK after a little tweaking so I hoping I can install Yosemite but I'm having problems.

The Unibeast USB drive boots OK but I must insert the flag GraphicsEnabler=Yes otherwise halfway through installation I get a black screen with the monitor reporting a loss of signal.

With the GraphicsEnabler=Yes flag the installation goes ahead fine and I am left with a Yosemite installation.

A few things do not work though, no audio, no USB 3 and no bluetooth. Apart from these three the installation works fine at full resolution on my 27" monitor. Networking works fine, I can access the internet and install updates but this installation only works this way if I consequently boot from the Unibeast USB drive with the GraphicsEnabler=Yes flag.

When I try to complete the full installation using Multibeast to install the Chimera bootloader and a few other things like audio drivers, trim support ETC I always get problems when I boot directly from the SSD. The installation will kernel panic on start-up, or refuse to boot altogether.

As I have a UEFI BIOS I don't think I need a DSDT but might need a modded BIOS but I can't find one for my motherboard (the Worldpress site is now removed). Can anyone point me to a download for a modded BIOS?

Also, can anyone suggest some post installation BIOS and Multibeast settings, I can live without USB 3 and bluetooth but audio would be nice.

I can't understand why the installation works fine and is stable when booted from the Unibeast USB drive but misbehaves when booted directly from the SSD using Chimera bootloader.

Any suggestions or help getting Yosemite to work on my set-up would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi

Asus P8Z68-V Gen3 (non pro)
Intel i7-2600k
8Gb RAM
Gigabyte GTX 550 Ti
Kingston 256Gb SSD

Installation method: Unibeast 5.1.0

I can't find any information about Yosemite being installed successfully on my motherboard, ML and Maverics seem to be OK after a little tweaking so I hoping I can install Yosemite but I'm having problems.

The Unibeast USB drive boots OK but I must insert the flag GraphicsEnabler=Yes otherwise halfway through installation I get a black screen with the monitor reporting a loss of signal.

With the GraphicsEnabler=Yes flag the installation goes ahead fine and I am left with a Yosemite installation.

A few things do not work though, no audio, no USB 3 and no bluetooth. Apart from these three the installation works fine at full resolution on my 27" monitor. Networking works fine, I can access the internet and install updates but this installation only works this way if I consequently boot from the Unibeast USB drive with the GraphicsEnabler=Yes flag.

When I try to complete the full installation using Multibeast to install the Chimera bootloader and a few other things like audio drivers, trim support ETC I always get problems when I boot directly from the SSD. The installation will kernel panic on start-up, or refuse to boot altogether.

As I have a UEFI BIOS I don't think I need a DSDT but might need a modded BIOS but I can't find one for my motherboard (the Worldpress site is now removed). Can anyone point me to a download for a modded BIOS?

Also, can anyone suggest some post installation BIOS and Multibeast settings, I can live without USB 3 and bluetooth but audio would be nice.

I can't understand why the installation works fine and is stable when booted from the Unibeast USB drive but misbehaves when booted directly from the SSD using Chimera bootloader.

Any suggestions or help getting Yosemite to work on my set-up would be appreciated.

For USB 3.0 Try with below linked kext,
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Generic-USB3
(Check README.md file for download location)

If you want to use UEFI Boot Mode, then you have to install CLOVER as your boot loader (Chimera will not support UEFI)

Boot into your SSD with flag -v and check where the booting process got stuck.

OK

So, using Multibeast I installed the following:

Audio - ALC892
Disk - Trim Enabler
System - Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement
Bootloader - Chimera
Customize - Basic Boot Options
GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Now when I boot from the SSD (with the Unibeast USB Drive removed) and using flag -v I get:

Untitled-1.jpg

and there it sits..........:thumbdown:

I have disabled the Bluetooth controller in the BIOS but problem is the same.

OK

So, using Multibeast I installed the following:

Audio - ALC892
Disk - Trim Enabler
System - Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement
Bootloader - Chimera
Customize - Basic Boot Options
GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Now when I boot from the SSD (with the Unibeast USB Drive removed) and using flag -v I get:

View attachment 129210

and there it sits..........:thumbdown:

I have disabled the Bluetooth controller in the BIOS but problem is the same.

Have you installed FakeSMC.kext? Seems like not loading/not installed use flag "kext-dev-mode=1" always in Yosemite, it will allow to load unsigned kexts in Yosemite.

Have you installed NVIDIA Web Driver?
If Yes, then try booting with "PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No nvda_drv=1 -v"
If Not, then try booting with "PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No nv_disable=1 -v"

Good Luck...!

Asus P8Z68-V Gen 3 (not Pro) motherboard with patched BIOS v3402

OK, I'm at my wit's end.:banghead:

I can only boot into my Yosemite installation from the Unibeast USB (with the flag "GraphicsEnabler=Yes")

Only three things do not work, Audio, Bluetooth and USB 3. Apart from these the installation is fine. It's when I try to boot from the installed SSD that all the trouble begins, kernel panics mainly.

Can anyone give me a post installation guide to an absolute MINIMUM Multibeast install (bearing in mind my installation works when booted from the Unibeast USB) What are the bare minimum Multibeast items required to start Yosemite from the SSD? As a start I would imagine 'Chimera' and 'Basic Boot Options' need to be installed. I don't need the audio, Bluetooth or USB 3 to work straight away (I can work on these later) I just want to be able to boot from the SSD as I can from the USB.

Why does the installation boot and work OK from the USB but not from the SSD without a great deal of problems? is it down to the boot loaders on each device?

PS:

I have found and installed a patched BIOS for my motherboard. So please help me with an absolute minimum post installation Multibeast set-up. I have failed so many times I can do a re-install in my sleep!!!!

Asus P8Z68-V Gen 3 (not Pro) motherboard with patched BIOS v3402

OK, I'm at my wit's end.:banghead:

I can only boot into my Yosemite installation from the Unibeast USB (with the flag "GraphicsEnabler=Yes")

Only three things do not work, Audio, Bluetooth and USB 3. Apart from these the installation is fine. It's when I try to boot from the installed SSD that all the trouble begins, kernel panics mainly.

Can anyone give me a post installation guide to an absolute MINIMUM Multibeast install (bearing in mind my installation works when booted from the Unibeast USB) What are the bare minimum Multibeast items required to start Yosemite from the SSD? As a start I would imagine 'Chimera' and 'Basic Boot Options' need to be installed. I don't need the audio, Bluetooth or USB 3 to work straight away (I can work on these later) I just want to be able to boot from the SSD as I can from the USB.

Why does the installation boot and work OK from the USB but not from the SSD without a great deal of problems? is it down to the boot loaders on each device?

PS:

I have found and installed a patched BIOS for my motherboard. So please help me with an absolute minimum post installation Multibeast set-up. I have failed so many times I can do a re-install in my sleep!!!!

Better you search with your Motherboard Model Number in this forum, so that you may get some build guides which having the multibeast settings for your model.

If you failing to find any, then go with very less options which all are mandatory required for booting your OS X.

Solved, I will start a new thread with my results

Solved, I will start a new thread with my results

Good. Enjoy your Yosemite

Share your new thread link in this thread too (On your first post) that will help others.

Good Luck..!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back