Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
S3 391 6862, with i5-3317u and 4GB memory. I changed the old harddrive to an intel ssd, and I also changed some card inside in order to use a half mini pcie wifi card aw-ce123h.

I upgraded from 10.9.5 with unibeast.

So far,

working: wifi, bt, qe/ci, alc269, sleep/wake, webcam, hdmi, mirror display, app store

not working: nvram, iMessage

problems:
1. alps touchpad cannot be identified in VoodooPS2Controller
2. when injecting a headphone, i have to sleep/wake up the laptop to make it work, and when ejecting it, I have to do the same job.
3. usb 3.0, i don’t think it enough stable, so i just disabled it.

1. I followed this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-laptop-support/114040-guide-acer-s3-391-ivy-bridge.html to install mavericks in my laptop.
2. after having installed yosemite with unibeast, i deleted the old trackpad driver ElanTouchPad otherwise there would be a kernel panic.
3. with nvram, Chimera( of all versions) complained “memory allocation error”, so I had to delete it.
4. before patching or installing any third-pary drivers, "kext-dev-mode=1” must be added to kernel flags. I didn’t know it so that I had wasted much time.
5. for wifi, i used the dsdt method and patched the driver according to this post http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/292542-airport-pcie-half-mini/page-4#entry2039281
6. for bt, i have done nothing because I installed BTFirmwareUploader in the past.
7. for hd4000 and alc269, i patched the 2 new original drivers according to the guide I mentioned.
8. patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement with AICPMPatch.
9. I tried the latest Elantouchpad, it worked but there were two problems:
(1) Fn button also functions for increasing the brightness
(2) the trackpad didn’t work after waking up.
10. whenever wifi works weird, reboot to bios and restore to the default settings. When I tried to make the wifi work, everything seemed fine, but its status was always off, and I couldn’t turn it on. finally when I tried to restore the default settings of bios, it worked……

Maybe i will try to find a solution for the trackpad or just wait for a new driver, but now I am just going to enjoy the new system. Is there anyone else who also thinks the new flat UI is too ugly???

==========================
Update:
I tried many drivers of bluetooth and trackpad, and I found that none of the latest drivers worked well. At the end, I installed two old drivers, ElanTouchpad 2.5 and
BTFirmwareUploader 2.3, which work very well now.

i have the same laptop and attempting right now.

No way to get nvram working?

Yes i gave up on what he did and just used clover, working good so far

There is still no way to enable the internal wifi? with clover?

am trying to install Atheros AR9462
it worked with hp 8740p when i followed the install guide

how can i make it work here?

I swapped with the hp and it works on the hp so that's weird. Anyway on the acer I got a bcm4332 but am trying to uninstall the ar9462 but still shows up on dpcmanager. I tried deleting the 800oszfamily kext but still shows up. I repair cache and permissions with no result.

We we intried the driver offered on hp pro book guide it says that there is no active bcm4223

The card is 43224

I swapped with the hp and it works on the hp so that's weird. Anyway on the acer I got a bcm4332 but am trying to uninstall the ar9462 but still shows up on dpcmanager. I tried deleting the 800oszfamily kext but still shows up. I repair cache and permissions with no result.

We we intried the driver offered on hp pro book guide it says that there is no active bcm4223

If you still see an AR9462 on the PCI bus, then you didn't remove it or didn't install the new card or have some strange DSDT patches.

Use 'lspci -nn' in Linux to verify what you really have.

Oh you right might be the internal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back