i5-4670K
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yosemite Install is being so unpredictable. I have no idea what its going to do next.

Config:
GA-Z87-UD3H
16GB Coarsair
250GB Samsung SSD
No Graphics Card (using onboard graphics)

- I installed Yosemite from a Unibeast flash drive on top of Mavericks.
- I had Mavericks working PERFECT, nothing was wrong. :banghead:(Now thinking "Why the heck did I try this")
- I then booting right onto Unibeast them booted from the newly installed Yosemite and ran MultiBeast and installed Chimera 4.0.0 and ALC898.
- Rebooted and I think I got this screen, I don't quite remember if it happened in that order it has done so many different things.
IMG_3631.JPG2D27023B-5EBD-4141-9B8A-E57A63988E7C-1000.jpg
- It would show the Apple Logo with the loading bar and then go to that screen.
- I then Rebooted onto the Unibeast drive and after a lot of rebooting finally got in using the "-f" flag when the kernel_mach error wouldn't occur.
- When it did occur I used "/System/Library/Kernels/kernel -f" in the boot flag.
- Now when that would happen I would boot to the Yosemite Installer and go to Disk Utility and repaired permissions and then that would go away.
- Now I can get in and I have tried everything. K probably not everything but a lot.
- I tried removing "3rdPartySATA.knext" or something
- I have tried booting without Unibeast and get the same error as pictures above (or kernel_mach and when I try to use boot flags, as I do in Unibeast, it just goes to black screen)

Does anyone have any ideas what could possibly be happening to cause this?

I've heard using a mac mini or imac system profile instead of the default Mac Pro 3,1 might work.

That worked! Once then I ran multibeast and installed ALC898 and rebooted. Now I get same screen and the pictures.

I've heard using a mac mini or imac system profile instead of the default Mac Pro 3,1 might work.

This seems to have fixed the issue for me. Booted temporarily with the -f flag, ran multibeast, I chose the latest Mac Mini definition instead, deleted the 3rd party sata kext, and now I can boot.

EDIT: Never mind. A few reboots later and I'm getting the same error again. I'm going to try multibeast again without the USB driver or Ethernet driver.

When I got in I reinstalled Chimera and fixed a couple other (mach_kernal from org.chameleon.Boot.plist and other ramdom little things from various threads).
Anyway I can now boot with only the -f flag.
Now my audio isn't working at all. Nothing. There is no devices in settings.
I have tried using it from past Multibeasts (6.2.2 seems to be working for others) and nothing.

Hey guys after a lot of trial and error and looking around in the forums, I am up and running Yosemite. I did a fresh install since a system update didnt work for me
I'm running the GA-Z87X-UD3H with a 4670k and a GTX 660.
Here are my multibeast settings if it helps anyone.
Screen Shot 2014-10-18 at 6.54.55 AM.png

I also followed Short's Beastly Build for my BIOS settings: They were mostly the same as my Mavericks BIOS settings.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...-build-i7-4770k-ga-z87x-ud3h-gtx-770-4gb.html

Note: I did NOT install the USB 3.0 Kext and the 3rd Party SATA kext as those were giving me problems initially. So far everything seems to be working (sound, hardware is recognized, wifi, etc.)
Hope this helps

I can now fully boot without UniBeast. In fact if I have the UniBeast drive plugged in, I get a Kernel panic. Weird.

I still don't have any audio. I can't see to get it working.

And another weird thing is that USB devices (my keyboard and mouse) don't have any power for about 2-3 minutes after startup. I know the computer isn't frozen cuz I can login in using Remote Desktop (Apple) and it's fine and I can login just as I would. Then a few minutes later the keyboard and mouse would work.

To boot fully without touching it I have to have UseKernelCache=No in org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back