Contribute
Register

Yosemite - No Boot after Multibeast customization

Status
Not open for further replies.
i want to do same as you because I've been reading articules and reviews of how awful the UI of yosimite is but also i know theres cool features
anyways do you have both installed mavericks and yosimite ?
which one do you like the most

I had exactly the same problem. I changed everything like you described and now it`s working perfectly. Thank you.

@j2quinn @antbanks24... but others are welcome too!

Hi everyone…. I come back with new trouble on my Yosemite System !!

I was running on Yosemite yesterday evening, I didn't reboot my computer…. just shut down.
If i'm not wrong, I think I booted on my HDD Yosemite using my USB bootable Key, to be able to choose it and run multibeast to customize it to fix my boot problem…

Today I wanted to boot directly on my Yosemite HDD but I can't, I got :
Can't find / mach_kernel
press key to continue

I booted with "-v" and I got :
loading Darwin 10.1
No kernel Cache File "/ System / library / caches / com.apple.kernelcaches / .87061B51" found

After that, I tried to use my USB key to boot and choose my Yosemite HDD… as I did several times before…
But I have the same message, after booting on my USB KEY :
Can't find / mach_kernel
press key to continue

I booted with "-v" on my USB key, and i got :
loading kernel / mach_kernel
Can't find / mach_kernel
press key to continue

Does anyone has an idea to fix this problem?
How explain that I can't boot anymore on my USB key? this is the first time I see that…
Should I create a new bootable USB Key?

Thanks for reading my posts and helping… as usual!
I recently ran into this same problem I fixed it by going to the root of the drive and showing hidden files and choosing the file named kernel and renaming it mach_kernel and no more problem

Hi all. I'm having a problem. My computer boots into Yosemite and its freeze after a minute. I don't know what i did wrong. Does any one have an idea?

Originally I had the same issues as at the beginning of the thread.
Followed your tips with installing system rollback via multibeast. Still no booting from the Yosemite hard drive, more so I get panic when trying to boot via usb.

Here are the panics, one without any commands and other with -f

Any ideas on how to proceed ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    839 KB · Views: 167
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    799.8 KB · Views: 154
Originally I had the same issues as at the beginning of the thread.
Followed your tips with installing system rollback via multibeast. Still no booting from the Yosemite hard drive, more so I get panic when trying to boot via usb.

Here are the panics, one without any commands and other with -f

Any ideas on how to proceed ?

Looks like you chose a MacPro4,1 system definition which has ECC RAM but didn't delete the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext which handles the ECC RAM on a real MacPro4,1.

As you don't have ECC RAM you get a kernel panic when you boot.

Boot with -x and when you reach the desktop, open Finder and navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/
then move AppleTyMCEDriver.kext to the Trash.

Restart and all should be well.

Good Luck

Since the recent update of Multibeast I don't need -f anymore. I used the rollback with the Z68 DSDT and all went well. The sys definition is MacPro 3.1. I have tried using other definitions but with negative results.

Looks like you chose a MacPro4,1 system definition which has ECC RAM but didn't delete the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext which handles the ECC RAM on a real MacPro4,1.

As you don't have ECC RAM you get a kernel panic when you boot.

Boot with -x and when you reach the desktop, open Finder and navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/
then move AppleTyMCEDriver.kext to the Trash.

Restart and all should be well.

Good Luck

Worked! Thank you so much! Kudos.

I'm having the same issue here, I'm able to boot into Yosemite USB, install the OS and then boot into the OS itself. Then, I install an ethernet driver with Multibeast, and the next time I try to boot into Yosemite, it blocks during the loading....
... I have a Gigabyte UP5-TH as a motherboard and an Intel i7.
Thanks

Start a new thread for this motherboard. I'm running Yosemite fine. I'll help there.

greetings, new to Hackintosh (bought this system off eBay).

How do I get to root of the drive to hidden files?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back