Contribute
Register

Yosemite Installed But Only Boots From USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Yosemite Beta installed on a different partition for half a month and I had exactly the same problem -> I could only boot from USB.
Right now I installed Chimera 4 and voila, I can boot from HDD now. The secret is in the chameleon.Boot.plist, take a look at mine.

This one is important:
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>/System/Library/Kernels/kernel</string>

Hi there. So did you have to edit this plist or did it happen automatically after upgrading chimera? What application are you using in that screen cap? I installed Yosemite but it freezes halfway through the Apple Logo. I appreciate any help. Thank you!

Try <key>Kernel</key>
<string>kernel</string>

By the way what is your system?

Also try to copy the usb Extra folder to bootloader's HD,i hope you are not using Clover...
Mine has an other problem, it not always completes the booting sequence even with clover,chimera or chameleon...STRANGE...but it boots eventually...anyone had something like this?i am on a 7series Lenovo U510, dual boot Yosemite and Mavericks...Mavericks is very stable...Yosemite has to boot, eventually but it runs smoothly too...

Hey thanks for the help.

Not sure if my issue was the same but I was having an issue where I could only boot from USB or using the -f bootflag to turn off KernelCache. I inserted the string you suggested into my boot.plist and it booted correctly! So far so good...

Thanks again.

Using H77n-WIFI

Hey everyone, I got it to boot! Installed AppleACPI Rollback I think that did it. I also installed Trim support once again (or maybe I just didnt check the box the 1st time). Trim is now supported. Im back. Whooo! Hope this helps someone

How do you go about installing the AppleACPI Rollback?

How do you go about installing the AppleACPI Rollback?
Found in Multibeast under system went through the install still did not fix the issue I get past the apple logo but not past the login screen after enter my credentials before this I tried directing to the kernel by specifying in the plist but that sort of made me go backwards as I didn't even get to the login in screen when I attempted it. Didn't even let me boot with the USB had to reinstall the whole OS kinda apprehensive about doing it again now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back